CampusWorks is always looking for experienced higher education professionals to join our team.
We are looking for professionals with 10+ years of experience in one or more of the functional areas listed below. Working, hands-on knowledge with an ERP system is preferred (Banner®, Workday®, Colleague®, Anthology®, Jenzabar®, or Oracle® ERP systems). These are remote positions with a varying degree of onsite presence required at our college/university client sites. The positions can be project-based (process improvement, software optimization, assessments) and/or staff augmentation (interim leadership) roles. These roles can be full-time roles or contract consultant (1099) roles. Please specify your preference in the application.
CampusWorks is seeking a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Consultant who will play a vital role in ensuring the protection of data for higher education institutions, enabling them to prioritize student success. The CISO will be responsible for seamlessly transitioning between high-level involvement in organizational planning and operations, while also leading, directing, and maintaining an efficient IT department. The successful candidate must possess a deep understanding of the ever-evolving higher education landscape, continuously adapting to its challenges and staying abreast of current and emerging technologies. They will be accountable for presenting technology solutions to senior leaders and non-technical stakeholders in a manner that directly relates to their work, using accessible language.
The CISO should effectively communicate technical issues, including IT security, in ways that engage and resonate with students, staff, faculty, and administrators. Additionally, the CISO will be adept at connecting non-technical objectives and goals of the college with the day-to-day tasks of the technical team, ensuring they comprehend how their work contributes to achieving those objectives and goals.
· Develop an overall cybersecurity program aligning with industry frameworks (e.g., ISO, NIST 800-171, etc.) and best practices.
· Investigating, analyzing, and reviewing security breaches and preparing the executive and tactical recommendations report for appropriate control improvements.
· Leading risk and vulnerability assessments for information systems applications and network infrastructure environments.
· Develop tactical and strategic deliverable reports.
· Identifying threats to the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, and relevant compliance of information systems and ensuring the appropriate response to vulnerable information, including the use of forensics.
· Monitoring the application and compliance of security operations procedures and reviewing information systems for actual or potential breaches in security.
· Conducting security control reviews across a full range of control types and techniques for information systems applications and computer installations and recommending appropriate action to management.
· Providing expertise and guidance on the application and operation of all types of security controls, including legislative and/or regulatory requirements, such as data protection and software copyright law.
· Devising and documenting new/revised procedures relating to security control of all IT environments, systems, products, or services (including physical security) in order to demonstrate continual improvement in control.
· Assessing the potential impact of planned technical changes on existing access security mechanisms in order to ensure that the potential compromise of existing security controls is minimized and assisting with the evaluation, testing, and implementation of such changes.
· A strong track record of investigating and responding to security breaches.
· Experience performing risk assessments and business impact analyses for all major academic and administrative systems.
· The proven ability to advise on security strategies.
· Deep knowledge of relevant college or university information security procedures and policies (e.g. acceptable use, data protection, freedom of information, information security, purchasing, etc.)
· Expertise in industry standards and practices related to data and network security, and fluency in articulating best practices.
· A demonstrated effort to maintain the highest knowledge of cyber security by pursuing continuing education and/or achieving new certifications.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field. An MBA or master's degree is desirable.
· A strong track record as CTO or CISO with at least 10 years of experience with 5 or more years in a college or university environment.
· Security certification credentials, such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, or equivalent.
· Experience with and a broad understanding of higher education challenges and the application of technology solutions to resolving those challenges.
· Experience with higher education technology solutions
· Experience in facilitating diverse groups to an agreed-upon outcome that is aligned with the best interest of the college.
What You Can Expect from Us
At CampusWorks, we don't just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits for full-time employees, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career.
Our employees enjoy:
Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of students and educators. CampusWorks Inc., as a large consulting firm, provides its employees with an opportunity to work both onsite and remotely with our clients across the United States and in Canada. With the nature of our clients’ work evolving quickly, we’re all being asked to support larger CampusWorks initiatives. Upon joining CampusWorks in a consulting role, your talent and expertise may be applied to a range of projects, assignments, and clients.
A CEO who cares. Chairman and CEO Liz Murphy has made it her mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels like being a member of a big family.
A virtual and onsite workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such, our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they work from their home offices and at client sites.
Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy customers. That's why CampusWorks offers both full-time and part-time 1099 consulting career opportunities to fit life's unique demands.
A company that gives back. Every year CampusWorks proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our vision to make higher education accessible to everyone.
At CampusWorks, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives each CampusWorker (we call ourselves CampusWorkers) brings to our workplace each day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you are passionate about higher education and creating Happy Campuses, let's talk! If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Founded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher education overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. We work with community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the institution—from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to Academics—to achieve transformative results.
Friendly Note to External Agencies:
At CampusWorks, we kindly request that you please refrain from submitting blind submissions or resumes/CVs on behalf of recruitment agencies. To ensure a smooth and effective collaboration, we would like to inform you that any candidates sent to us without a signed agreement in place will regrettably not be accepted or considered as a submission.
CampusWorks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Actions (AA) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Notice to all Applicants:
Please click on the links below for more information on these important topics: