Untappd is a fast-growing technology company that develops social and data driven software products tailored to the beverage industry. At Untappd, we love connecting our users with beers from hundreds of thousands of breweries, restaurants, bars and distributors around the world. We are dedicated to advancing the global beverage industry through innovative technology and delighting our users every day. Our software is used by tens of thousands of businesses and millions of consumers around the world and we are proud to have been recognized by the following organizations:
- Recognized on the Inc. Best Places to Work in 2019 list
- #150 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing US companies (#1 in North Carolina!)
- #53 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list of fastest growing companies in North America (#1 in North Carolina!)
- #98 on the Entrepreneur magazine’s list of 360 most entrepreneurial companies
- Featured in dozens of leading media outlets including Time, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, and Forbes
Untappd is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to develop, create, and scale our Marketing Strategy across our portfolio. We’re looking for someone who loves both Growth Marketing and Corporate Marketing. You live as equally for Go-To-Market Plans and Inbound Strategies as you do for Communications Strategies and growing Brand Awareness. You’ll report directly to our CEO and work with the rest of our executive team to build our momentum as a leader in our space.
You are our first marketing hire, so this is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and build our marketing function from the ground up. You will have the resources to grow a team to help you execute on the strategy you develop.
What you’ll focus on:
Create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You’ll work across all departments, utilizing your strategy, business, and marketing knowledge to advance both top-of-the-funnel and downstream marketing initiatives to increase demand for Untappd. You’ll drive inbounds and hypergrowth to our products through paid and organic lead generation campaigns. You will establish analytics processes for data collection and testing to identify trends and insights, and provide recommendations for optimizing spend and performance.
Drive the evolution of Untappd’s Brand Positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. You will shape messaging and content to bring Untappd to new audiences, and will oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our digital channels. You’ll create a cutting-edge and thought-leading digital media & marketing presence for Untappd. You’ll develop brand guidelines and ensure consistency across our portfolio.
Collaborate and lead across the organization. You’ll bring your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across the organization. You will also lead and mentor a growing team of marketers across a broad set of functions, starting with digital marketing and brand communication.
Build a marketing function. Identify talent needs, hire, and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team. You’ll define KPIs and grow each of our marketing programs month over month.
Who You Are:
Someone with demonstrable experience developing and executing go-to-market plans for SaaS platforms, including targeted paid advertising, online and offline events, and content marketing.
- A self-starter, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your work.
- You have a proven ability to establish a strategic vision, inspire trust and loyalty
- You are intellectually curious and open to challenging the status quo
- A fantastic communicator. You have strong analytical and writing skills. You are comfortable with data and analytics, and you can clearly communicate your results and ideas.
- You work consultatively and cross-functionally with your peers and stakeholders
- You actively communicate, inspire and motivate employees of all levels
- You have superior relationship development skills and you embrace operating in a highly collaborative and communicative environment
- Able to set goals, track KPI’s and communicate effectively with Board members and the C-Suite
- You have experience owning the full customer journey through all marketing touchpoints
- Experience working with CRM and SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, SalesForce, etc.
- You ideally have experience in multiple disciplines of marketing and general management, including P&L/financial management, advertising, promotion, brand management, communications and consumer research
- A specialist with 10+ years of progressive experience in their craft, with at least 5 of those leading a marketing function in a technology space.
- 8+ years of people leadership
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or a related field; MBA is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.