The COS is responsible for organizing, prioritizing and executing critical issues and information for the CEO.
This apprenticeship is for a high potential individual looking to expand their network and experience so that they can start their own company, join another startup as an executive, or become a venture capitalist. The COS participates in most of the CEO’s meetings and understands how he works. The COS makes sure that the CEO is prepared for his meetings and that his meetings are prepared for him. The COS writes drafts of all of the CEO’s presentation decks and interview questions and makes sure the CEO deliver on all of his commitments.
- You are organized and detail-oriented.
- You are resourceful - you always know where to find the answer when you don’t know it.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are customer service oriented.
- You are professional and presentable. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You teach so that you can delegate.
- You communicate well with staff, members, clients, guests, vendors, and the building to keep everyone on track.
- You feel comfortable making decisions and know when they need to be escalated to CEO.
- You feel comfortable delegating tasks to operations staff to increase your productivity.
- You’re unfazable. When everyone else is getting stressed or excited, you keep your cool.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and don’t write passwords down on paper.
- You are available in person during business hours and by phone 24/7.
- You are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week
- You are comfortable with the Google Apps suite of products. You’re eager to learn about new tools and ways to be more productive.
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You don’t gossip and have discretion.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health and dental insurance
- Onsite gym access