Love learning, solving challenging problems, technology, and augmenting those around you? Do you have a passion for getting things done and having huge impact?
Gusto is seeking a full-time Chief of Staff to support our Head of People in our San Francisco office. Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
Within our People team, we are reimagining what the employee experience looks like, and want to approach it from a fresh perspective. This role will be responsible for bringing a design-centered approach to creatively imagine the employee experience and execute collaboratively against that vision. You will also be responsible for internal communications, and augmenting the Head of People in her day-to-day.
Here’s what you would be doing day-to-day:
- Use a design-centered approach to craft the holistic employee experience of the future
- Drive special projects in partnership with various stakeholders across the People Team and Gusto (e.g., chart the employee experience end-to-end and identify areas for improving consistency and delight, articulate our strategy toward community, drive content and use of the company wiki, share best practices between leaders, work with the Head of People Development on learning programs, co-design our People dashboard, research industry best practices, think of impactful initiatives that move the needle!)
- Be an extension of the Head of People to augment her ability to get things done (Hello right hand!)
- Prepare materials for staff and team meetings, and facilitate as needed
- Design measures to track effectiveness of efforts, and ensure a holistic employee approach
- Ensure that communications and expectations are clear and aligned across major stakeholders (work on internal communications including plans for project rollouts, “The Why” newsletter, inter-team communications / interactions)
If you’re already feeling excited to get started, you’re probably our ideal candidate because:
- The mission of Gusto inspires you like nothing has moved you before
- You love fast-paced, get-stuff-done-oriented roles
- You think in a masterfully balanced way that is logical, creative, empathetic, and data-informed
- Extreme organization and getting the details right is crucial to a job well-done
- Writing and visual communication are like breathing for you, and it is essential for folks to be on the same page
- Creativity is a must for anything you touch
- Technology is the future and you follow new trends and products
- You strongly believe that strategy means nothing without excellence in execution If you have a million things to do, you know how to prioritize *and* go the extra mile on each task
- Analytics is the backbone of decision-making, but you avoid analysis paralysis and are always ready to implement
- You are comfortable with basic financial analysis & modeling, and business performance metrics
- You love learning and can learn how to do anything you put your mind to
- Everyone respects you for being a thoughtful, smart, humble individual and you know how to manage passionate personalities and opinions
- You have 7+ years of experience, with a mix of exposure to strategy, design, communications, and operations with 2+ years in top tier management consulting or VC and 2+ years in an operating role for a fast-scaling tech company
Find out why we’re the #1 place to work in San Francisco! To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, benefits, and perks, visit gusto.com/careers.
Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and its investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.