PolicyGenius is changing the insurance game by making it faster, friendlier and more efficient for the online consumer. We’re a young but fast-growing company that’s already captured the attention of the media and the insurance industry. We’re expanding the team rapidly and looking to bring on board a Chief of Staff to directly support the CEO and leadership team.
We’re at an exciting stage of growth; PolicyGenius is moving fast and has many interesting and critical things to do! That’s where we need someone like you. Your primary role is to creatively and efficiently solve any problem that comes your way. And to do it with eagerness and relentless execution. You’ll work directly with our co-founders and leadership team (heads of Business Operations, Marketing, Product and People) to define and act on the most important projects that will scale the business and drive growth.
As the first hire of its kind at PG, this is a pretty darn exciting opportunity to learn what it might be like to scale and grow your own company one day!
(And, no, a background in insurance isn’t required. Not sure any of us popped out of the womb thinking we’d be doing insurance one day!)
- Take the wheel. Work with leadership to define and execute strategic and operational initiatives. Partner with and drive cross-functional teams to get things done quickly. Communicate learnings to leadership and the broader organization
Be PG’s internal GPS: Able to quickly understand the nuances & structure within PG and the work of its stakeholders. Generally keep a finger on the pulse on behalf of the co-founders and leadership. Know when to pull in stakeholders and on what.
- Program manage. Wear many hats while juggling multiple balls. Ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple projects occurring simultaneously. Be responsible for providing analytical support, consulting and implementation leadership. Structure and support your work by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing data, leading analyses and developing recommendations
- Own special projects. There will be a number of discrete projects you will lead on behalf of the co-founders and leadership team. These are usually important, new projects that have no natural home in the company yet. You should be able to define the bounds of a project with limited starting information, create a plan, take ownership over results, and see ideas through to implementation.
You must have...
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- At least 2 years of analytical and strategic work experience, ideally in a top-tier consulting firm or investment bank
- Experience at a fast-paced technology company a plus
- A positive attitude, collaborative working style and ownership mindset
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive in ambiguity and get things done fast
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with good business judgment
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Superior ability to work with senior leadership and across functional teams
- Outstanding written communication, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence.
- Self-awareness and openness to learn and grow.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excitement about working at and growing with a fintech startup company.
- Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch.
- A self-starter mindset who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- High level of proven productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Competitive salary and 100% paid health, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Stock option incentives
- Any equipment you need to do your job
- Paid training and unlimited vacation
- Mentorship and coaching from the founders
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded colleagues!!!!
- Dog companionship!!