ABOUT ELITE ROOFING SUPPLY
Elite Roofing Supply is a locally owned, independent supplier of roofing materials and supplies. Founded in early 2013, during a time of nationwide consolidation among roofing distributors, a group of seasoned distributor professionals decided to go against the trend and start a local, manager-owned distributorship called Elite Roofing Supply. The founding partners felt customers would appreciate a distributor where the managers are owners and therefore understand what it’s like to run a business. They also felt customers were eager to work face-to-face with owners at a local level rather than having to call a corporate office hundreds or thousands of miles away.
This model has made Elite Roofing Supply a standout business that has achieved very strong growth while building a strong people-focused work culture. The Elite team is excited to bring on exceptional talent with a strong work ethic and guardianship mentality to carry them through their next phase of growth.
Elite exists to create opportunities for people who are looking for growth and continuous improvement, not just employment. To learn more about Elite Roofing Supply and their team visit: https://www.eliteroofingsupply.com/
Elite Roofing Supply’s Chief of Staff will serve as a right-hand partner to its Chief Executive Officer and President (“CEO”), Sarah Weiss, so she can effectively fulfill her commitments and operate at the highest level. This role spans both the tactical and the strategic, working very closely with the CEO and her direct reports. The Chief of Staff is a builder who embraces efficient processes and disruptive technology to get more done in less time. In addition to supporting the CEO directly in partnership with an administrator, the Chief of Staff will also lead the administrative support function for Elite, currently comprised of two additional administrative professionals who serve the broader leadership team.
This is a unique opportunity that provides you with a firsthand lens into a CEO’s life and leadership. As such, this position requires exceptional discretion, diplomacy, and a drive for excellence. The ideal candidate enjoys making simple order from chaos, identifying more sustainable ways of working, and driving successful outcomes.
The Chief of Staff’s responsibilities will encompass three primary areas:
Ensure CEO effectiveness and best use of time
- Establish practices and cadence for regularly assessing and monitoring the CEO’s time in partnership with the CEO’s administrator; oversee effective systems that keep the CEO focused on the big picture
- Strategically develop an annual “rhythm of business” by visually mapping out key events, trips, milestones, and activities to be proactive and anticipate needs; partner with CEO’s administrator for ongoing management
- Do, defer, drop, or delegate work from the CEO’s plate so she can reach decision points more quickly with accurate data
- Ensure "quality control" of information and communication to and from the CEO to reduce reactivity and promote clarity
- Provide consistent and relevant briefing information, preparation materials, talking points, communications, etc. to CEO so she is well-prepared for every activity
- Liaise directly with CEO’s direct reports, including C-level leaders and Regional Vice Presidents, for greater accessibility and timely response
Serve as an extension and advisor to the CEO
- Attend key meetings and events with, or on behalf of, the CEO; provide timely follow-up of all action items on her behalf
- Given your purview, act as a sounding board and strategic thought partner to the CEO across a variety of business matters; inform decisions with data wherever possible
- Lead all strategic initiatives owned by the CEO or executive office; ensure timely progress and results with appropriate project plans, trackers, and metrics
- Execute special projects that may be cross-functional, involving multiple departments, and ensure timely completion
- Continue championing a strong people-focused work culture by modeling values-aligned behaviors as a delegate of the CEO
Further build and develop the executive office
- Create effective systems and efficient processes through better use of tools and technology while ensuring adoption and adherence
- Continue to monitor CEO’s time and needs to address any gaps and ensure proper support, including the addition of future team members (as needed)
- Maintain a collaborative and highly cohesive team aligned toward the same goals; coach and mentor administrative professionals for their growth and development
- Lead Elite’s administrative support function currently comprised of two administrative professionals who support the leadership team; codify best practices, champion collaboration, and ensure contingencies so leaders are properly supported
- Hire, onboard, and coach new team members when needed
- 8-10 years of professional work experience
- Professional experience and success in high-growth environments desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with the highest level of leadership and build rapport with internal and external partners
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where some infrastructure may not currently exist
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and ability to see tasks through completion
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with experience communicating effectively at an executive level
- Strong project management skills with experience managing complex cross-functional projects, including developing, coordinating, and communicating project plans and deliverables in an effective manner
- Skilled in strategic planning, execution and managing long-term strategic initiatives
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills and proven ability to communicate across organizational levels and roles
- People management experience preferred, but not required
- Exemplifies a growth mindset
$150,000 - $175,000
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.