As Chief Operating Officer (Malaysia) at one of Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing logistics startups, you will be responsible for all Ninja Van’s operational activities within Malaysia.
The position will require the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure operating efficiency.
- Work with Country CEO and key stakeholders to determine the business strategy for the company and set the corresponding Budget
- Full accountability for developing and executing all Ninja Van operational departments and expansion plans.
- Maintain control over Ninja Van operations in-country (Fleet, Sort, CS, Recovery, Line Haul etc)
- Ensure tight cross-functional collaboration with Regional HQ and between Malaysia’s hubs.
- Oversee rollout of Ninja Van processes, systems and tools. Align local operations with existing models and adapting to local contexts.
- Contribute to best practice sharing across other country subsidiaries.
- Visionary in identifying and executing operational improvement initiatives across the business.
- Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities.
- Completing performance reviews in a prudent manner.
- To ensure success you should have a clear understanding of our company’s core values and culture.
- Reporting directly to the Country CEO and Regional COO
- Legally allowed to work in Malaysia
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, any field
- GPA 3.6 and above, or 2:1 Degree, preferably from a reputable university
- At least 5 years(s) of working experience preferably in a senior management role, and working understanding of other business functions, eg HR, Finance, Marketing
- Ability to work on multiple projects of various levels of complexity
- Experience in building reporting and operational performance frameworks in alignment with Company objectives
- Proficient in both English and the native language