- Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organisation, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of OakNorth Bank’s HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Gain an understanding of the organisation and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Senior Management Team, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- Optimise the HR function/team, modernise and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics and reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organisational design, diversity and inclusion.
- Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and assimilating high-potential talent throughout the world. Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount.
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of OakNorth Bank.
- Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are handled on a regular basis.
- Respond to the HR demands of a global, matrixed organisation.
- Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organisational risks.
Culture & Development:
- Be creative and innovative!
- Create and implement outside-the-box initiatives that lead to a strong internal and competitive culture.
- Develop relationships with the employees of OakNorth Bank and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organisational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups, cultures, and newly acquired assets.
- Coach and counsel Senior Management Team in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement.
- Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labour regulations and practices.
- Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organisation.
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management.
- Role model OakNorth’s core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the OakNorth community around the world.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop a great mission-driven company culture on the back of values related to teamwork, momentum, aspiration, innovation, and constantly challenging the status quo.
- Continue to develop excellent talent attraction capabilities including career site and compelling job opportunities, combined with an ambitious outreach program and top-class recruiters to find the best talent.
- Designs delightful onboarding experience.
- Create delightful “in life” experience.
- Build strong employee development framework, including: learning opportunities, recognition, psychological safety at work, mentorship, career growth with clear career ladders, transparency and timeliness in employee communications, access to “giving back to communities” opportunities, and compensation aligned to the company’s success.
- Constantly developing People Ops capabilities by using the best tools in the market.
- Be a thought leader and drive new practices based on what “Return to Work” could look like post-pandemic.
- You have experience coaching executives and making them better, stronger leaders.
- Innovative, creative, collaborative
- Fintech / Tech founder-led company experience
- Experience building and working with global teams
- Has seen scale ups from multiple hundreds to low thousands in employee base
- Gravitas; executive committee member
- Intellectual horsepower
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into work at any level as needed
Launched in September 2015, OakNorth Bank provides fast, flexible and accessible debt finance (from £500k to £50m) to fast-growth businesses.
Through leveraging the ON Credit Intelligence Software, OakNorth Bank has become one of the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times (FT 1000), and has performance metrics that place it amongst the top 1% of commercial banks globally in terms of ROE, efficiency ratio and Net Promoter Score. It has lent several billion pounds to hundreds of businesses across the UK who have collectively gone on to create tens of thousands of new homes and jobs across the country.
OakNorth Holdings (the group which includes OakNorth Bank plc and the various OakNorth software entities around the world) has raised over $1bn from leading investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, NIBC, SMBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.