Chief Product Delivery Officer
Location & Flexibility
The Chief Product Delivery Officer is an integral part of our company’s success and team culture. To retain our deep culture of collaboration both among ourselves and our clients, this role will maintain an in-office presence in a hybrid (Work From Near) capacity from one of our delivery hubs—Charlottesville, VA; Columbus, OH; Durham, NC; Boston, MA. This role is also open to Vancouver, BC. If interested in Vancouver, please apply to the BC position.
Learn more about Work From Near.
Who We Are
WillowTree is a premier digital transformation partner operating at the intersection of strategy, design, data, and software development. We partner with the world’s largest companies to design and build mission-critical digital flagship products, bridging the highest quality customer experience with measurable performance.
WillowTree is an 8-time Inc 500/5000 company and has been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile, digital design, and development services. We were named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 for the second year in a row due to our 219% revenue growth from 2017-2019. We are also one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
The Chief Product Delivery Officer drives our ability to produce great work and deliver increasing value across our company’s portfolio. As a key member of WillowTree’s executive team, you will directly steer the vision, strategy, and execution of our Program Management and Product Architecture departments, and work with clients and leaders across all delivery functions including engineering, design, strategy, and commercial to unlock world-class delivery for our clients. You’ll play a critical role in pushing the organization forward via world-class delivery, client satisfaction, and financial performance. This high-impact role is equal parts strategic and tactical, requiring a leader who can both inspire and model success for our teams.
Set the vision and provide executive leadership to WillowTree’s Product Delivery organization, driving performance, execution, and client satisfaction
- Lead organization to successfully consult and deliver custom digital products and solutions across our entire portfolio of clients and workstreams
- Anticipate trends and changing needs among clients and industries at large (e.g. digital, technology, management consulting) to build and drive a strong delivery strategy that bridges financials, technology, and customer needs
- Lead and manage executive-level leaders (VPs) of Program Management and Product Architecture to translate the company-wide vision and achieve targets within their respective delivery branches
- Drive key business metrics including revenue growth, client satisfaction, and gross margin, while contributing to the definition of Product Delivery’s efficacy metrics to assess health and improve the success of our portfolio
- Grow the skills and capabilities of our Program Management and Product Architecture departments—responsible for managing and executing successful client engagements, identifying current and future needs, and building long-term partnerships
- Engage with clients and teams to maintain ongoing and clear visibility across WillowTree’s portfolio, identifying opportunities to coach, increase value creation, and manage delivery risks
- Work across functional teams to continuously assess and improve existing delivery, resourcing, capabilities, and capacity, while pushing innovation, new offerings, and delivery models
- Directly build strong relationships and long-term partnerships with existing and potential executive clients on behalf of the firm—from early-stage commercial efforts to expansions and escalations
- Coach delivery leads to develop long-term, consultative partnerships earned via successful delivery and trust
- Contribute to the success of WillowTree’s talent management including resource planning and allocation, hiring quality and success, and maintaining a strong culture of growth and performance, engagement, and retention
- Contribute thought leadership among WillowTree, clients, and industry at large
Experience providing executive leadership to cross-functional teams to build and deliver custom digital products
Has successfully managed a diverse portfolio of external client engagements with delivery accountability
- Can retain, grow, and expand new and existing client engagements to increase revenue
- Can strategically increase our Program Management and Product Architecture disciplines’ ability to own and guide world-class delivery and commercial growth and expansion
- Experience providing delivery oversight and coaching senior-level leaders on client management, team management, and product delivery
- Experience building relationships and partnerships with executives in complex client organizations, aligning needs with the firm’s expertise
- Experience leading and coaching delivery leadership
Can coach and guide others through client and account management strategy and execution, balancing team members’ growth while mitigating risk
- Strong talent management including hiring, performance management, and leadership development
- Can set the direction for self and others in the role
- Experience navigating and negotiating various delivery, contract, and pricing models to grow revenue and build long-term engagements
- Ability to travel onsite to our office locations and clients (estimated 10-15 business days per month)
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunities for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.