Are you interested in languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's fastest growing EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
Busuu is the best way to learn a language.We are the world's largest language learning community with over 100 million users in 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. We empower our users to achieve their language learning goals by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
We are a profitable, fast growing tech startup with over 120 employees and offices in Madrid and London. We have been backed by leading institutional investors and entrepreneurs (PROFounders Capital, McGraw-Hill Education, GP Bullhound, Martin Varsavsky, Brent Hoberman etc) and have been named as ‘Best EdTech Startup’ in Europe by TechCrunch. We are currently expanding our senior executive team to help us unlock the next level of growth.
What does a Chief Product Officer (CPO) do at Busuu?
The CPO role is a pivotal position to the future success of Busuu. The CEO and the team are excited about Busuu’s many opportunities ahead and hiring an amazing CPO will give the business an even better chance of achieving its full potential in the years ahead.
- You will define the overall long-term vision for the Busuu product (together with the CEO and CLO) for B2C and B2B; playing a key role in the future direction of the business.
- You will own and deliver the product roadmap, working closely with the CEO on key innovation areas.
- You will leverage the latest developments in modern technology (particularly AI-driven improvements) to improve the effectiveness of Busuu’s core products.
- You will define and build the educational strategy in conjunction with the CLO.
- You will define and own the product development process together with the CTO; building a best-in-class product and engineering function and culture is critical to the Busuu achieving its ambitious goals.
- You will define and own all KPIs related to the product group; building upon and improving today’s org and delivery capability to launch and scale new products and features that have a significant impact on the business.
- Hiring, retaining, and developing a world-class product organisation; helping Busuu become a go-to brand for top-tier talent across product and design
What we’re looking for in a CPO:
You will be an ambitious and passionate product leader to lead Busuu into its next growth phase. Key attributes for the ideal candidate include:
- Broad product management experience - you will have a proven track record of successfully creating and delivering innovative technology products and propositions, across multiple platforms, and securing deep and broad customer engagement. You have worked with successful products used by millions of people, and on an international scale across several countries.
- People leadership and strong communication skills - you will be a strong leader, coach and manager, with a proven track record in attracting, recruiting, managing and developing outstanding talent.
- Customer-centricity and data-driven approach - you will have a passion for understanding and exceeding the expectations of customers, and use data to make the right decisions. KPI and metrics-driven; aligns business needs, customer insights and product strategy.
- Growth company and value add mindset - you will take a lean and agile approach to breaking down big ideas for pacey delivery with a ‘fail fast and often’ mindset.
- Mobile-first / App experience with international reach - you will have extensive experience of building and scaling mobile products with multi-million user traction, on an international scale.
- Culture, mission and values fit - you will embody Busuu’s company culture and be passionate about helping it achieve its vision. You will be humble, self-starting, positive, high-energy, collaborative, and action-oriented.
In return we will ensure that you have:
- Attractive base salary and bonus scheme
- Stock option package
- Private health insurance
- Pension contributions
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- The ability to shape and be part of one of the most exciting edtech companies in the world