Khan Academy's mission is to provide a free, world-class education resource for anyone, anywhere. To fulfill this mission, we are looking for an exceptional Content Manager to manage China-specific content development and oversee the success of Khan Academy content in China.
In this role, you’ll conceptualize and execute a strategy to build and curate content that addresses the needs of the Chinese market. You’ll own these efforts but won’t be working in isolation; most efforts will be cross-functional, and many will involve outside organizations/partners as well. Please note this will start as a contract position to begin, with the potential for permanent hire.
- As part of the Content Team, manage localization process of Khan Academy content (videos, exercises and articles) including managing timelines, interfacing with external partners, streamlining processes, and ensuring quality of translated Khan Academy content
- Mediate between external partners and Khan Academy HQ in Mountain View
- Manage the team of translators, curriculum experts, and content creators to translate and align Chinese content to curriculum standards
- Ensure content is of high quality by tracking content performance, analyzing and making decisions based on quantitative data, defining mechanisms to test content and collect qualitative feedback, and assembling and working with an advisory board
- Execute on programs to drive usage in-market, including content partnerships and marketing campaigns
- Measure progress and identify optimization opportunities for each of Khan Academy’s top-priority subjects
- Measure the ROI on various content creation and sourcing methods so the team can make smart investments
- You are fluent in Chinese and English
- You have 8+ years of professional work experience
- You have an excellent command of math and science
- You are extremely detail oriented and meticulously organized
- You’re a master of process; you can organize roles and responsibilities on a team and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- You’re a people person; you know how to manage and resolve conflict
- You have no problem holding people accountable
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re very comfortable gathering, analyzing, and drawing actionable, novel conclusions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- You have 5+ years of work experience in relevant fields including digital media, consumer internet, consulting or education.
- You’re willing to travel and available to work full time
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume to [email protected], please address the following questions:
- What details of the Chinese education system are most overlooked? Why are these important?
- Explain your experience in the Chinese business market. In particular, what customary practices have you encountered unique to doing business in China?
- Describe in 2 pages or less your strategy and sequencing for creating content in math and science that's locally relevant for China, keeping in mind the challenges of countless curriculums and the standardized test culture.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.