Our Product Development Department is looking for a Language Specialist, to take ownership of website content in Cantonese-Chinese to provide a great experience to the local audience in the Hong Kong market. In this role you will be responsible for content translations, localization ideas, making recommendations for the overall look and feel of our products.
In addition you will work on targeted strategies to increase Agoda’s brand visibility and optimize marketing efforts in Hong Kong. The Language Specialist will report to our Foreign Language Operations Manager.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Relocation costs and Visa sponsorship will be provided for the successful candidate.
***We will only review applications submitted with an English CV***
- Native fluency in HK-Cantonese with excellent writing skills
- University or College Degree
- At least 2 years full-time work experience
- Good English skills and translation skills
- Good internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail who takes initiative to make things better
- Maintain quality of website content translation/localization
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following Agoda brand and language guidelines
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localization issues
- Analyze language specific data to optimize website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of Agoda and website traffic within the target market
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
- Ad-hoc administrative duties