CIC Health is looking for a driven, organized, and dedicated person to be the Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer and provide support for the CIC Health GO (Growth & Operations leadership) team.
This position works collaboratively to support the COO and GO team, as well as coordinate with and mutually support other Executive support staff at CIC Health. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptionally detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and is looking for boots-on-the-ground exposure to a dynamic, growing startup.
ABOUT CIC HEALTH
CIC Health is one of the fastest growing healthtech startups in New England and is expanding nationally. We provide COVID-19 testing services to organizations such as schools, colleges, companies, elder care facilities, and others, as well as individual customers. For organizations we integrate CLIA-certified laboratories, physician oversight, result reporting, and billing software. For individual customers we simplify the overall testing experience by making it easy to schedule and pay for your test online. No more waiting in lines. Our testing services are accessible, fast and easy.
You can learn more about CIC Health offerings here
CIC Health is a subsidiary of CIC - learn more below.
CIC is a global leader in building and operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space and coworking options, providing a platform for the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better and faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Café, CIC’s primary non-profit programming partner, and CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies and the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here
ABOUT RACHEL WILSON
Rachel Wilson is the Chief Operating Officer at CIC Health. She is a dynamic, performance-driven healthcare executive with a passion for transforming healthcare to improve lives. Rachel has extensive expertise leading interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement innovative, high-value, patient-centered programs in complex integrated delivery systems. Before joining CIC Health, Rachel served as the Chief Operating Officer for Atrius Health, New England’s largest independent, multispecialty medical group providing care for 745,000 patients across 32 locations in eastern Massachusetts. She serves on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives, the Advisory Board for the Boston College MHA Program, the Perkins Solutions Committee for the Perkins School for the Blind and is an active member of the New England Society for Healthcare Strategy.In
2015, she was a Boston Business Journal 40 Under 40 awardee and, in 2012, received the ACHE Regent's Award for Early Career Healthcare Executive of the Year.
In addition, Rachel works with individuals on the GO Team, including Carrie Allen (Head of Growth), Quinn Harvey (Director of Implementation), David Berlin (Head of Launch), and George McManus (Director of Full-Service Testing), and Bill Jacobson (Project Leader, Unobserved Testing). Their main focus is to establish CIC Health as a trusted service for delivering COVID testing and vaccine administration to communities throughout the US.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
You will join the CIC Health team and help support its mission of providing more accessible and frequent testing for COVID-19. Some work will be independent while other work will require collaboration with other members of the CIC Health staff.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Scheduling and administrative support:
• Master of calendar Tetris: heavy calendar management (utilizing Google Calendar) involving scheduling of the COOs meetings and appointments, maintaining an organized calendar while determining priorities, juggling her professional commitments, and adapting to last-minute changes. In this capacity, you will demonstrate a sense of ownership for ensuring not just that everything is scheduled accurately, but achieving an optimal workflow experience (not only asking “can everyone attend the meeting,” but going beyond and ensuring a positive experience for all involved).
• Responding graciously and nimbly to schedule changes and conflicts, and dealing with any issues that arise, inside or outside of normal business hours.
• Reconciling the COO’s expenses and creating expense reports (both monthly expenses and travel expense reports).
• When working onsite, internal “courier”: retrieving and delivering materials, as well as handling the ordering and distributing of food, office supplies, mail, and personal items.
2. Prioritize and strategize with the COO and rest of the GO team to achieve their leadership and business expansion goals:
• Heavy email management: directly handle or delegate as much of the COO’s inbox as possible. Read, prioritize, and organize emails, respond on her behalf whenever necessary, minimize the emails that she needs to respond to directly, and track her follow-up.
• Act as an internal and external gatekeeper, deciding the best use of the COO’s time both in terms of meetings and in their project work. You would feel empowered to make decisions on behalf of the COO while understanding which decisions they need to be a part of. In short, know the COO’s priorities even more than the COO.
3. Project work:
• Working in collaboration with the GO team to research and create presentation materials for speaking or meeting engagements.
• Managing regional travel itineraries and coordinating logistics to make sure site visits and walkthroughs go off without a hitch.
Our ideal candidate is a service-minded individual who is reliable, clever, and able to work independently. As CIC Health develops over and against the shifting realities of the pandemic, you will demonstrate poise, flexibility, and acuity to make week-to-week adjustments. You are a self-motivated and confident individual who can act as an intellectual support to COO, with diplomatic grace. This role requires an excellent planner who possesses the ability to think ahead and who can identify snafus before they occur. This is not a 9-5 job. While you will be working during regular business hours, this role regularly requires project management skills and handling multiple issues as they surface in real time (mornings, evenings, weekends). There will be regular weekend work in order to keep on top of the workflow of the COO.
More specifically, as our ideal candidate, you are:
• Able to “see around corners,” anticipating the COO’s needs and heading off potential problems.
• Detail-oriented, capable of being the first point of contact for multiple conversations, and skilled at prioritizing a wide range of tasks.
• A careful listener and reader, with excellent professional communication skills (excellent grammar, gracious phone manner, etc).
• Able to absorb a high volume of information in a short amount of time, complete requests with limited information, and learn and adapt to the team’s preferences and needs.
• Curious, eager to learn, and a self-starter: this position carries a significant level of independent responsibility; while you will have the support of mentorship from the CIC EA team, you are eager and able to dive into projects with minimal oversight or direction while also balancing day-to-day administrative needs.
• Capable of building positive relationships with your team, clients, colleagues, and vendors, and are comfortable treating everyone in these groups as your equal.
• Someone who possesses the unruffled temperament and dedication of Pepper Potts, the cleverness of Q, the problem solving abilities of Carson, the insight and seeming omniscience of Mrs. Landingham, an accuracy on par with J.A.R.V.I.S., and 30 Rock Assistant Jonathan’s desire to go the extra mile, all combined with the passion and ambition of Andy Sachs.
• Someone who is unrelentingly calm during chaos.
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience (exceptional recent college graduates may also be considered if you have relevant experience).
• Proficiency with Outlook, Google suite, and video conferencing applications.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills and experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply and highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is $63,000.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare and dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Three weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space
. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
• Free weekly COVID-19 testing when required to work on site.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.