Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
As a Supervisor, you will be helping to grow and run Q in Los Angeles. Along with your LA team and with the support of our NYC HQ, you will manage Q in offices throughout your city and, in doing so, will transform the way space is maintained there forever.
You will ensure consistent, high quality service is delivered to Q’s client offices. You will be the main day-to-day point of contact between QHQ and the operator community, which cleans hundreds of offices each night. You will be the first line of defense in a highly visible and critical role.
- You believe in the vision of Q and thrive in fast paced environments with limitless potential to grow. You are excited about the challenges that come with building something new
- You are an organized, diligent, hard working and detail-oriented leader and a great communicator. You only need to be asked something once and you internalize it and act on it
- You are always professional -- able to lead by example and always hold the highest bar for integrity and respect whether you're with a client, Cleaning Operator or engineer
- You're able to multi-task and prioritize effectively, handling many accounts and Operators on any given night without letting any balls drop
- You enjoy managing and developing individuals, holding high expectations, and giving them the tools and the coaching to succeed
- You are solutions-oriented and will do whatever it takes to problem solve for Cleaning Operators, clients and the Q team
- You think knolling makes the world a better place
- You love getting your hands dirty
- Lead a squad of Cleaning Operators to oversee a portfolio of clients -- ensuring we're consistently delivering 5-star quality service
- Conduct regular quality assurance checks on offices managed by Q, reporting to HQ on office cleanliness and Cleaning Operator performance
- Serve as the primary liaison between Cleaning Operators on the field and Office Operators
- Own all activity on accounts after hours, holding the fort down and solving problems on the fly with everything from scheduling changes to maintenance issues
- Mentor Cleaning Operators to enable their progress through the Q organizational structure
- Interact with cutting edge technology to ensure cleaning service delivered to customer expectations, including iPad applications and Google Documents
- 3+ years professional experience in cleaning, hospitality, or some related function
- 3+ years of management experience (preferably in a commercial cleaning setting)
- Ability to work 5 nights a week, days and weekends as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Owns a car and is willing to use it for work
- Bonus: bilingual (Spanish)
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG