ZINIO (a Naviga Company) is looking for a Client Development Manager at their Barcelona office
“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
Join a multinational team of highly skilled and motivated individuals!
As a Client Development Manager, you will perform the following tasks and functions:
- Acquisition of new publisher clients from both inbound inquiries, marketing activity as well as independent prospecting.
- Upsell of Distribution, Commerce, Content, and Fulfillment products and services to existing clients.
- Retention and renegotiations.
- Day to day management and general ownership of a group of existing clients as well as those you acquire.
- Implementation and maintenance of catalog on the system. Collaboration with associated departments in terms of product launch and product implementation.
- Other related tasks.
Some overseas travel may be required from time to time although this is dependent on the current situation with COVID-19
Products and services being sold include:
- A wide variety of Retail and Distribution channels for magazines and newspapers.
- Mobile and Web Apps.
- Web Readers.
- Mobile and Web Newsstands.
- API Integrations (Fulfillment and Content-related).
- Other Fulfillment and Identity Services.
- Content Editing Services.
- Content Conversion Services.
- Content Management Systems.
- Other types of commerce solution.
- An expanding set of products in development and cross-sell opportunities from the wider group.
Required Skills & Experience
- LANGUAGE: A demonstrably high-degree of fluency in English if not native. Ability to interact, negotiate, and persuade at a high level with native speakers around the world including contract review, review of technical guidelines, and the like.
- COMMUNICATION: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Enthusiastic and rigorous. Personable. Ability to negotiate and persuade both factually and emotionally. Ability to make things easy to understand
- SELF-STARTER: Ability to work independently. Someone who recognises the importance of follow-up, someone who can get deals over the line. Someone who is fundamentally revenue-driven
- ACCURACY: Attention to detail and focus. Accuracy in connection with implementation and management of catalog and related tasks. Comfortable numerically
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: A background in Sales, Account Management or both, especially in connection with eCommerce or similar
Nice to Have
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce or similar.
- Experience with selling or managing SaaS products
- Previous experience with publishing or content distribution services
- Fluency in other major languages.
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team Building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- A sales commission structure
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply sending a cover letter and CV in English with all data relevant to the position.