Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and be a pioneer for an industry-leader who is impacting the lives of millions?
Come help lead our world-class Client Services team and bring your career to the next level working alongside some of the most inspiring leaders in the industry.
BillionToOne, ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $250M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases cfDNA diagnostic resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only non-invasive prenatal test that can directly screen an unborn baby's risk for common and severe recessive gene disorders and chromosomal abnormalities, as well as fetal sex and fetal antigens, from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother without paternal testing.
In 2023, BillionToOne launched two liquid biopsy products that will markedly improve oncology treatment and care. With Northstar Select™, clinicians will be able to select cancer therapies that will be most effective to each patient based on their individual genetic makeup. Northstar Response™ will enable clinicians to monitor a patient’s early response to these cancer therapies, by measuring minute changes in their ctDNA, which can reduce ineffective treatments and unwanted toxicity, lower costs, and substantially improve clinical outcomes.
As a Manager of Client Services, you will be responsible for overseeing and leading a team of customer service representatives in a diagnostic laboratory environment. Your primary role will be to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of high-quality client and patient support for our UNITY non-invasive, prenatal screening test. You will play a critical role in maintaining customer satisfaction and driving continuous improvement with day-to-day operations.
This role is based onsite in our state-of-the-art, 90,000 sq foot facility in Union City, CA.
Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of client service representatives to provide exceptional customer support. Set performance goals, conduct semi-annual performance evaluations, and provide coaching and feedback to enhance individual and team performance.
Customer Support: Manage and resolve escalated customer inquiries, issues, and complaints related to our screening test or patient results. Ensure timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries through various channels such as phone, email or “Slack”. Strive to provide a positive and exemplary customer and patient experience and maintain high customer satisfaction levels.
Troubleshooting: Collaborate with technical teams and key stakeholders to identify and resolve complex customer, operational and/or technical issues and provide appropriate solutions in a timely manner. Ensure that the team possesses the necessary knowledge and resources to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems. Demonstrate a proficiency with our proprietary digital tools and be able to help continuously improve user experience.
Process Improvement: Continuously review and improve customer service standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity. Identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to optimize customer service operations. Regularly analyze customer feedback and performance metrics to drive process enhancements.
Training and Development: Develop training programs and materials to ensure that customer service representatives are equipped with the necessary product knowledge, technical skills, and customer service techniques. Conduct regular training sessions and workshops to enhance the capabilities of the team.
Reporting and Analysis: Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) related to customer service, such as response time, average speed to answer, first-call resolution, and customer satisfaction. Prepare regular reports and present findings to senior management, highlighting areas of improvement and proposing actionable solutions.
Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments, such as sales, marketing, and product development, to relay customer feedback, address product issues, and contribute to product/service improvement initiatives. Foster strong working relationships and promote a customer-centric culture across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 2+ years experience in a manager or supervisor role, preferably in a diagnostics laboratory/life sciences/prenatal, multi customer-facing environment. Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a high performing team.
- Experience interviewing, hiring, and building out a strong customer service team
- Experience holding 1:1’s with team members and delivering performance appraisals.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills - ability to effectively tailor messages to different audiences, both internally and externally.
- Passion for creating a delightful experience for internal and external customers.
- Forward-thinking, having an innate ability to break down and deescalate complex situations with little or no guidance.
- Proven track record in a customer service management role; excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Proficiency in customer relationship management systems and tools, particularly Salesforce Lightning.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, with ability to analyze and interpret KPI metrics.
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousands patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of a (1) base pay range (actual amount offered is based on experience and salary/equity options split that the candidate chooses) (2) generous equity options offering, on top of (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid paternal leave etc.).
For this position, the base pay range is: $100,000-$120,000 per year.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.