Refinery29 is the leading digital lifestyle media company for a millennial-minded audience of over 175 million users across platforms and 25 million on the web. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, and social, shareable content across all platforms, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish and informed life.
For three years running, Refinery29 has been featured in Inc. Magazine’s Top 500 fastest growing companies, and in 2013 it was rated the #1 fastest growing media company in the US. In 2014, Refinery29 was chosen as one of Fast Company’s World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Style, and won three Webby Awards including Best in Fashion & Beauty.
As part of the company’s international expansion plans Refinery29 UK was launched in November 2015, with Refinery29 Germany following in June 2016.
The Client Services Manager - International is responsible for delivering superior client service for all international advertisers and will be based in our London office. Refinery29 is live in UK and Germany with plans to launch to other markets in 2H 2016/2017. The ideal candidate for this position will be extremely detailed with deep experience in custom content, managing campaigns small to large for global brands. The CSM will liaison between internal departments to manage expectations and ensure that deadlines are met and stay closely synced to the US team to implement and follow best practices. The role will include media planning functions as well as reporting and internal project management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for pre-sale planning and post-sale management and execution
- Working closely with ad operations on trafficking & QA for ad campaigns
- Working closely with Advertising Sales team to schedule campaigns into internal systems, resolving inventory conflicts, and meeting production timelines
- Brainstorming with sales, marketing and editorial teams to help structure campaigns that perform against advertiser KPIs based on inventory and historic successes
- Helping sales and marketing put together pitch decks for client meetings and formal RFPs
- Analyzing campaigns and communicating with agency and client teams to optimize performance and delivering client objectives
- Working with Controller to resolve billing issues and collecting outstanding invoices
- Collecting tags and creative from clients and/or agencies and distributing internally as necessary
- Working closely with the social team in order to obtain view estimates in pre-sale and assisting in monitoring these figures so that these estimates are fulfilled
- Serving as point person for certain custom executions
- The position is based in the Refinery29 UK office
- Must be open to 2-4 weeks training in NYC with permanent residence in the UK
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years experience in interactive media and advertising, ideally at a vertical/niche publisher or digital/creative ad agency as a planner, account manager or similar
- Experience with custom content creation and ideally experiential campaigns
- Experience in a client-facing role, comfortable handling client calls and communications directly
- Experience in building digital media plans is required
- Deep knowledge of ad operations and reporting from DFP (DART for Publishers), DFA, Mediavisor, Atlas is a must
- Knowledge of HTML, 3rd party vendors and tags is a plus
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint