GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Client Solutions Manager is responsible for partnering with Sales to achieve regional revenue goals, leading the Deal Response stage of the sales cycle to close opportunities. This entails working cross-functionally across GumGum’s Sales, Operations, and Programmatic teams to prepare recommendations that address the client’s needs and objectives and position GumGum to partner effectively with the client on each potential campaign.
Success in this position requires the ability to analyse and understand client briefs, craft solutions that match needs to GumGum’s offerings, project manage, storytell, and prioritize competing response demands. This role will operate in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Deal Response Leadership
- Lead creation of the response for every brief response. This includes any deal with a voiced budget, regardless of size, account, or channel
- Drive cross-functional alignment on what to propose throughout the response creation process. This involves preparing for, facilitating, and following up on discussions to brainstorm and review proposed solutions.
- Prepare required response deliverable(s) that are on-time and of high quality
- As needed, contribute to client follow-up efforts on specific deal responses, such as insights for a check-in email or participation in a response feedback call
- Response Deliverable Creation
- Prepare response deliverables that succinctly communicate our understanding of the client’s needs and a proposed solution, in a manner that differentiates GumGum and is palatable to media buyers
- Understand GumGum’s value proposition and offerings, and consistently reflect this understanding in all response deliverables
- Work across GumGum’s internal teams to propose solutions that showcase both the best that GumGum has to offer and what the organization can reasonably support
- Fully utilize team resources to create responses as efficiently as possible
- Take a data-driven and analytical approach to storytelling, leveraging data tools and reporting.
- Client Solutions Team Effectiveness
- Contribute to team resources that will maximize efficiency of response creation
- Work with manager to regularly prioritize Deal Response workload
- Participate in or lead at least one initiative per calendar year to improve the effectiveness of the client solutions team overall
- 3-5 years of work experience, ideally in media buying, customer success, or marketing, either in high growth tech companies or agencies
- Experience developing proposals and pitches
- Highly proficient in powerpoint
- Storytelling, using both qualitative and quantitative information
- Solid understanding of online advertising and how media agencies and brands make decisions
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum