Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
This role contributes to the short and long-term support health of Dreambox customers. The Client Support Specialist aids internal and external Dreambox customers by providing assistance with general product questions, product provisioning, onboarding, and Dreambox software feature/functionality via phone, E-mail, and other contact methods. They are accountable for ensuring that the support experience is exceptional for all customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Ensures attention to detail and high quality case documentation is provided for all support cases
- Interact professionally and respectfully with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Handles challenging situations effectively
- Meet or exceed departmental SLA’s/KPI’s
- Process customer payments and provide refunds
- Guide school customers through rostering best practices, including quickly troubleshooting issues, determining cause, and collaborating with additional agents to address the issue if necessary
- Assist customers with creating, updating, or closing an account, adding or removing students, troubleshooting login or play issues, and payment-related questions
- Guides customers through in-depth questions about student progress, reporting data, and payment issues
- Treat people with respect regardless of proximity; encourages and appreciates individual contributions
- Provide support to internal business units and employees as required
- Able to perform other duties as assigned
- This role will be remote to start (due to Covid) and then will be located in Raleigh, NC, once its safe to return to the office
- 3+ years of technology support experience interacting with customers via various contact methods (primarily: phone, e-mail).
- Knowledgeable of personal computing hardware platforms, basic network technology, and software in addition to experience with SAAS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Poised and professional in stressful situations
- Must be passionate about customer experience, satisfaction, and quality of support
- Able to work effectively with ambiguity
- Experienced user of office productivity tools in the MS-Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.). Excel certification/s strongly preferred.
- Experience using CRM implementations. (E.G. Salesforce, other.)
- Ability to stay up to date on current Dreambox products/releases
- Time management skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Treats people with respect regardless of proximity; encourages and appreciates individual contributions
- Proven flexibility and willingness to step out of comfort zone to support coworkers and customers
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- K-12 or Ed-Tech industry experience preferred
- Spanish language competency a plus
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!