Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation
. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere
company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product, and you should live within one time zone of your product hub. Veeva Stats is based out of our Raleigh-Durham product hub. While we prefer candidates to be based locally in the greater Raleigh-Durham area, it is not a hard requirement for this role.
We are looking for a Clinical Data Scientist to join the Veeva Stats Product team, reporting to the head of Product and Engineering. You will work with our Product team to provide direction on new features and will be asked to frequently experiment and drive requirements within the framework of the tool to ensure that the overall direction of the solution aligns with the day to day needs of statistical programmers working in the Life Sciences, Biotech, and Medical Products industries.
The Statistical Computing Environment is a new business venture for Veeva, a startup with the backing of a much larger company, and we operate with startup speed and urgency.
What You'll Do
- Work with the product team on the overall direction of Veeva Stats, serving as the team’s subject matter expert on data science, analytics, and clinical statistical programming
- Ensure that Veeva Stats meets the day-to-day needs of clinical data scientists and statistical programmers working in the Life Sciences, Biotech, and Medical Products industries
- Support our commercial efforts by participating in discussions with customers and creating customized functionality (e.g. R packages) targeted to clinical trials analytic needs.
- Drive adoption of international data standards and implementation of development best practices in statistical programming in the Veeva Stats computing environment solution
- Advise and assist the other Veeva Stats teams where needed – Professional Services, Support, Strategy, and Engineering
- 5+ years statistical programming or clinical data science experience in the pharmaceutical industry working in Phase I-IV clinical trials analysis for regulatory submission
- Highly skilled multi-language programmer in R and Python languages
- Experience with R Markdown, RShiny, Dash Python
- Experience creating R/Python packages
- Experience with statistical analysis of multiple therapeutic areas
- Strong understanding of drug development processes and regulatory requirements, including ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Desire to apply your analytic and programming skills in a unique software development startup environment
Nice to Have
- Qualifying degree in biostatistics, statistics, or related computational/analytical field
- Experience working on NDA submissions across a variety of regulatory agencies (EMA, PMDA, Chinese FDA, etc.)
- Experience developing Statistical Analysis Plans (SAP) and tables, listings, and figures (TLF) shells
- Understanding and hands-on experience working with CDISC data exchange standards (CDASH/SDTM/ADaM)
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Experience with statistical programming in a cloud computing environment with IDEs such as R Studio/JupyterLab
- Experience programming in additional languages applicable in data science and statistical programming (SAS, SQL, Julia)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.