CareMessage is looking for a Clinical Director to help guide company and product strategy. This role will work closely with our Product, Design, and Research teams to ensure our product lines meet clinical guidelines and measure patient outcomes. This person will also work closely with our Research, Sales, and Account Management teams to represent the company and the clinical rigor of our product lines. As the company grows, this person will be responsible for leading and growing the Clinical team. We see this as a great role for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who looks forward to bringing technology-based innovations to the healthcare sector.
- Continuously monitor latest clinical trends and standards of care, and translate into guidance for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and grow a team of health educators, editors, and contractors that contribute to our various product lines
- Collaborate and act as a knowledge resource for our Research team to review research methodologies, provide clinical guidance, and optimize for proving clinical and cost of care outcomes
- Represent CareMessage with external stakeholders as necessary, with a focus on being an advocate for our programs & methodology for care (Interactions may be over email, phone, online and in-person)
- Demonstrated interest in technology as well as interest in expanding technical skill set
- Proven ability to conduct business-oriented presentations to clinical stakeholders
- MD with 3+ years of experience working in a Primary Care, General or Internal Medicine setting
- 2+ years of experience working with underserved populations at an FQHC, Free Clinic, or comparable volunteer activity
- Masters in Public Health or prior Research Fellowship not necessary but preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance- partial coverage for dependents
- Professional development stipend and internal employee trainings
- Transparency with financials and metrics
- Work on a product that impacts millions of underserved patients in the United States!
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future
is a unique, fast growth (300%+ CAGR) SaaS not-for-profit health technology company dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations in the United States (and some day, globally). CareMessage’s technology acts as a bridge between the patient/caregiver and the healthcare organization, typically a hospital, clinic or health plan. For the healthcare organization, CareMessage’s cloud-based dashboard enables staff members to automate various kinds of interventions for individual and groups of patients. The patient/caregiver receives targeted alerts, reminders and notifications through text and voice messaging.
Over the last year, CareMessage has been tripled in size, quadrupled its total customer base and achieved significant revenue growth (including partnering with some of the largest health systems and health plans in the country). CareMessage currently partners with nearly 200 healthcare organizations in 38 states across the country. The organization is reaching more than 700,000 patients, and is doubling its reach every six months. CareMessage has raised significant philanthropic capital from major institutions, including Google.org, Y Combinator, the Pershing Square Foundation, the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the CVS Health Foundation, the Marc and Laura Andreessen Foundation and the William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation. CareMessage employs ~35 people and is based in San Francisco, CA.