Reporting to the Manager of Closed Captioning, the Closed Captioning Specialist is responsible for creating the closed captioning for pre-recorded videos used on our new AccuWeather Channel and website. Closed Captioning is a part of our 24/7 Network Operations.
- Caption pre-recorded, and live, videos provided by the studio production team
- Monitor captions from Network, and ensure accuracy
- Create glossary in text expander using captioning software
- Meet strict turnaround times
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Qualifications:
- 1-2 year(s) experience with offline captioning in a broadcast setting and editing experience preferred
- Strong typing skills, with a WPM speed of 65 or greater, required
- Minimum of a high school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to sit and focus for extended periods of time while captioning & monitoring incoming videos
- Strong command of the English language
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple daily deadlines
- Flexibility with working varying shifts; First, Second and Third shift coverage for our 24/7 network operations
- Strong communication skills
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.