As a Cloud Analyst, you will report to the Director of Cloud Foundation. You will provide cost optimization strategies to customers through analyzing AWS cost and usage data and cloud architecture. You will work with AWS and Mission Sales, Customer Success Managers, Solutions Architects, and Finance teams to help our customers achieve maximum cost savings and optimization of their AWS
This position is 100% remote.
- Monitor Cloud Foundation customers' AWS usage and present opportunities for cost savings and healthy cloud usage
- Create custom reports giving personalized recommendations to customers based on budget, best practices, timeline, and goals
- Create cost and usage analyses, trending and forecasting reports, buying strategies, and best practices for cloud adoption
- Configure and manage customer-facing cloud optimization tools
- Perform Reserved Instance (RI) analysis and assist with RI purchases
- Stay educated on the latest cost optimization strategies and technologies; gather insights and develop new opinions and strategies around cloud optimization and present solutions to sales leadership
- Provide support to Billing for AWS charge inquiries
- 2+ years of technical sales, business strategy, or business development in related field
- Experience using AWS Cost Explorer and other AWS Cost Management tools
- Experience with cloud economics, AWS services, and AWS pricing models
- Experience with cloud management platforms or cloud billing systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets); experience analyzing large datasets
- Experience working with Sales, Customer Success, or customer-facing departments
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification (required within first 90 days of employment with Mission)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It’s up to you!
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Casual work environment
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments. Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.
We believe Mission’s people are what truly sets us apart. We have hubs in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Boston that are interactive and collaborative, but we also give our employees the freedom to work remotely when they want or need to. We live by a core set of values that includes a commitment to work-life balance, with the belief that having fun and being productive can go hand in hand.
We are united by a core set of values guiding us to strive for excellence, embrace life, take ownership, practice inclusion, and foster a growth mindset. We seek out new ways to be better, do better, and serve our customers better.
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.