Our mission is bold and simple: we are connecting the unconnected. We want to change the world. And we are having fun doing it. If you are dedicated and passionate about making a difference, and about building something incredible, we should talk.
The core of Endless rests in solving internet connectivity. Whereas most solutions are focused on delivering more connectivity, we are building a platform that works with any internet connection. We have developed a full Linux based platform that serves as the pipes for content delivery. We have built a simple-to-use desktop OS, an ecosystem of apps, and a suite of tools to convert third-party content into engaging native apps on Endless OS.
Endless aims to reach the next billion people with new and innovative technology designed for the needs and realities of users in emerging markets. We strive to improve digital literacy, education, and access to opportunities for users, in particular, those with no internet or poor internet access.
The Role: Lead Cloud / Distributed Systems Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA (preferred)
We are looking for a strong technical leader who will drive additional functionality into the system that makes offline internet possible. Our microservice based system is broad in scope, and its functions range from scraping webpages, to transcoding videos, to packaging content for search and distribution to end-users.
We need someone who can identify the best technologies to help our product scale. We want someone who gets excited about jumping into large projects where they get to make and implement major architectural decisions, and someone who has years of work experience to back up those decisions. Whether it’s a novel distributed logging solution, or a custom file format, we need your expertise and creativity to craft a technology that is truly excellent.
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Good understanding of HTML scraping technology
- Understanding of microservice and cloud architecture
- Worked with common cloud services (SQS, S3, or equivalents)
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other top-tier engineers all over the world
- Desire to make a difference in the developing world
- Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon, HAProxy, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, etc
- Experience fixing open-source projects upstream
- Experience debugging scaling issues on live systems
- Experience developing content processing systems such as build systems, image thumbnail solutions, video encoding pipelines
- Leadership experience a plus
Endless is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at Endless and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, marital status or disability status.