Rackspace is hiring a Cloud Lead Engineer to deliver Fanatical Support to our Cloud Customers. Fanatical Support for these clients includes a wide range of services and features to help customers make the most out of their chosen hosting platform, accelerate adoption of Cloud in their business and improve upon traditional hosting strategies.
With a strong background in Enterprise support environments, you will help customers manage change, minimise risk, optimise operations and support business growth through pro-active and personable interactions. You will build long-term customer relations, understanding their business goals and operational capability in order to best align and manage Rackspace resources and services, and drive outstanding customer outcomes.
In this pivotal, autonomous and varied role, you will manage complex problems as well as be a proactive and consultative resource to help customers plan for their future growth and the continual adoption of emerging technologies and best practices.
- Act as a consultative resource for customers to assist them in achieving their business objectives
- Drive the adoption of Cloud technologies for the benefit of the customer
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve customer’s solution architecture and operation
- Manage and oversee the technical changes, maintenance's and migrations of customers solutions
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions
- Provide strategic and operational guidance that will allow customers to continually optimise their Cloud environments to achieve their business goals and maximise return on investments
- Help customers transition their applications into the cloud through detailed planning and migration support for moving legacy application portfolios to AWS (amazon web-services), AZURE and GOOGLE
- Drive strong customer satisfaction (NPS) through Fanatical Support
- Own issues, and escalations and drive collaboration with other teams to find speedy resolutions
- Experience in owning of account planning activities, service improvement or business development activity
- Detailed understanding of the Cloud (IaaS and PaaS) industry and associated various technologies
- Deep understanding of Service Management best practices frameworks such as ITIL
- Significant exposure to operational management within a critical environment
- Effective troubleshooting and analytical skills and ability to manage complex and technical projects
- Good communication skills and an ability to develop relationships with customer external stakeholder’s levels.
- Knowledge of AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE and its products & services
- Strong customer focus, with an ability to continually anticipate and meet their needs
- Excellent working knowledge of AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE and its products & services (such as Compute, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc.)
- Experience of hosting web applications across a wide variety of Webserver and Database technologies
- Monitoring tools such as CloudWatch or CloudHealth
- Experience of architecting and managing production environments across Physical, Virtualised and Cloud technologies
- Ability to collaborate with and manage diverse cross functional teams for successful customer outcomes
- Certification in AWS (Associate or Professional)
- Application and platform analytics tools (AppDynamics / NewRelic / DataDog)
- Operating System Knowledge (Microsoft Windows and Linux Distributions)
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.