Horangi wants to empower our customers to Innovate without Fear and we're looking for talented individuals to help build a safer cyberspace.
As a Cloud Security Engineer Intern, you will gain first-hand experience working on Horangi’s security-focused cloud product for AWS and GCP. You will have the opportunity to work alongside top engineers to analyse cloud infrastructure, identify security gaps and pitfalls, understand best practises and encode these insights into our cloud security product.
This is a highly rewarding role as you will gain first hand experience on solving cybersecurity problems in cloud technology, and enjoy the fast pace and dynamic culture of tech startups. You enjoy using open-source tools, appreciate containerisation technology, and have a strong interest in security in the cloud. You have a builder mindset and are always curious about emerging cloud technology.
Interns with outstanding performance will be invited for a full-time position at Horangi.
What you’ll be doing
- Enhance your coding skills and learn to build enterprise grade applications
- Develop understanding on how various cloud services work across major cloud providers
- Write python code to collect cloud infrastructure data
- Analyse data across multiple data sources and perform correlation
- Encode security inspection into automation
What we’re looking for
- Students who are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Cyber Security related programme
- Students in their final year of studies with outstanding academic results
- Deep interest in cloud technologies
- Comfortable with Python programming
- Working experience with AWS/GCP ecosystem, with certifications is a big plus!
- Internship period: at least 20 weeks (can start all year round)
Our customers, many of them are tech startups, enjoy having Horangi as their security partners because we are builders too. Horangi is proud of our diverse culture and international mix of our team that spans across all continents. Together with our engineers, you will build on top of a world class architecture in AWS, and learn how to build tech products with a security-first mindset.