At Instructure we’re building the world's best ecosystem for teaching and learning. An ecosystem of multiple applications that keeps things simple, yet can flex and grow with the changing needs of millions of students, teachers, administrators, parents, advisors, counselors, and institutions.
We are hiring world class software engineers to solve some of education’s hardest problems at cloud-scale. By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships, we are changing the way that teachers teach and students learn. Our stack spans across Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React.js running in dockerized services on AWS.
What you will do:
- Join one of the two teams who own Canvas Quizzes product.
- Use React and Ruby on Rails to write key features to improve teaching and learning.
- Learn and use AWS services like EC2, CloudFront, SQS, Lambda, S3, and RDS to craft cloud native web services and provide world-class uptime and performance.
- Use CI/CD (test automation, deployment workflow) to improve quality and deployment.
- Lead initiatives that drastically improve the quality of the system you work with.
- Coach and mentor other engineers.
What we look for:
- Software engineers with various levels of experience, including junior, mid, senior and principal/architect level.
- Experience working on (cloud based) high-traffic production applications.
- Experience in multiple programming languages with interest in learning more.
- Demonstrated high level of programming, debugging, product architecture, devops and quality control expertise.
- High level of proactivity and a problem-solving attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.