Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
The Support Engineer (Cloud EMEA) isn’t just an ordinary Support Engineer role. As a Support Engineer you will be providing support to customers, using Atlassian products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges. The candidate must be able to work EMEA business hours and also during weekends to support business needs.
What’s in it for you?
- The entire Atlassian team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration.
- The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with Atlassian's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
- We are guided in our efforts by a strong set of corporate values:
- Open Company, no bullshit
- Play, as a team
- Build with heart & balance
- Be the change you seek
- Don’t #@!% the customer
- Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or a remote session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create new knowledge base articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organisation.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support team to share best practices and learn about new technologies
- Focus on an area of technical specialisation and attend technical trainings.
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- Works collaboratively with diverse global teams and drives inclusive work environments in accordance with Atlassian values
- Customer Orientation
- Facilitating change
- Effective communication
- Change, Adaptability and Flexibility
- Team and Collaborative Working
- Logical, Vulnerable, Empathetic
- Be Inspirational
- Java Web Servers
- Cloud technologies
- Overall 4+ years of support industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Networking, Linux, Java Web Servers and knowledge in Cloud technologies.
- Have understanding of Network terminologies MIB, SNMP, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSI, NAT, DHCP, DNS, Routing Protocols(BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Logical approach to problem solving & Strong Troubleshooting experience
- Experience in working 24x7 support operations and with teams across multiple locations.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence will be an added advantage
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub