At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Perform dimensional and visual inspection and testing of incoming, in process and finished product, by using various measurement devices to ensure compliance with engineering specifications.
Your Day to Day
• Operate a OPTICAL CMM (Zeiss OIS-322/Calypso) to provide measurement analysis for incoming parts, in process and finished goods.
• Provide dimensional analysis for CAPA investigations to aid in root cause analysis
• Read and interpret CAD models and prints
• Perform Finished Product Audit of production lines and communicates results to stakeholders
• Conduct FAIR reports for new or modified parts
• Generate OPTICAL CMM programs to make repeat inspections more efficient
• Manage the CMM equipment, including maintenance, calibration and readiness of equipment
• Assist in sustaining Critical to Quality processes via training and providing accept/reject samples to manufacturing
• Provide daily checks of processes to ensure they are operating in defined ranges, verify measurement data/routines and reactions to checked data
• Assist in providing specification reviews, and assist in containment of non-conforming parts
• Work with Calibration tech to get gauges/measurement devices cycled thru the calibration process
• Gather information to initiate Corrective Actions requests for supplied or fabricated parts and assist in CAPA, NCMR and MRB processes.
• Inspects and approves incoming materials and WIP by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable material
• Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database
Skills / Certifications
• Minimum of 3 years OPTICAL CMM operation experience measuring and programing (Zeiss OIS-322, Calypso)
• Minimum of 3 years operating basic metrology tools like calipers, micrometers, etc
• PC Skills – experience entering quality data into SPC system and experience with measurement devices.
• Familiar with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word for data entry and editing of documentation
• GDnT proficient. Ability to understand/read drawings and specifications and interpret required measurements from dimensioned prints
• 2- or 4-year degree in Technology/Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3 years Quality/Mfg. experience
• Basic knowledge of quality and lean manufacturing principles
• Basic knowledge of quality systems, SPC and process capability
• Strong aptitude in process improvement and problem solving
• Trained in six sigma methodologies
• Certified Green Belt
• Zeiss Certified
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.