We are currently seeking a driven and ambitious CNC Programmer to join a well-established, family-run SME based in Norwich. As a CNC Programmer you will manage workflow through the machining centres and turn blue prints from the design team into finished product ready to be delivered to site.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to progress their career, and as the Company grows, you will have the opportunity to get more involved in Production Management and Operations Management for the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain CNC Equipment
- Reading and interpreting project blueprints and design models
- Designing programs and setting up machines to produce the component outlined in the designs
- Choosing and maintaining tools and optimising machining speeds
- Perform quality checks on the final product
- Perform routine machine maintenance, including troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the manufacturing process
- Training new staff on machine operation procedures
- Managing operatives for most effective throughput.
- Previous experience as a CNC Machine operator / programmer
- Experience in laminate panel industry / transferrable industry (bespoke joinery / furniture / bathroom or kitchen products / raw materials)
- Extensive experience working in manufacturing
- Experience in furniture assembly
- Keen eye for detail
- Working to deadlines
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Hungry, driven and ambitious
- Ability to manage others
Hours: Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm (with a degree of flexibility)
- Salary of £30k - £40k per year
- Lunch provided