At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Co-Op/Intern Analytics Solution Developer
Job location: Toronto, Canada
Term length: 12 months starting September 2023
About the team
The Analytics team focuses on exploring and refining analytical methodologies, measurements and new features for our existing products. The Analytics team has a passion for solving complex business problems and building configurable applications/solutions.
What you will do
- You will be working closely with Analytics, Product Management, Platform Engineering and other areas of the business to productize Analytics solutions
- You will be building scalable applications on top of Kinaxis’s Analytics and Data platform
- May perform additional projects upon request
What we are looking for
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
- Proficiency in Python
- Ability to work in Linux environments with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Experience writing documentation that describes in detail how your project / library / tool operates
- Clean, maintainable and testable written code using up-to-date industry standards
- Experience planning and writing unit, integration and end-to-end tests for your projects and use code coverage
- Confident git/SCM user
- Passionate about shipping large-scale software systems in a fast-paced environment but able to balance longer term issues such as maintainability, scalability and quality
- Fluent in Python and SQL, and you treat data as a first-class citizen whether that the data comes from a data warehouse, object storage or output of a model
- A team player, a quick starter and an implementer who is equally comfortable talking requirements with technical product managers or getting in the zone pair programming with Analytics Developers. Your primary focus is on shipping Analytics software systems that drive value by building robust and scalable computational- and data-intensive workflows and web services
What we have to offer
Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.