**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18, and authorized to work in the United States.**
Codecademy teaches over 25 million people around the world the skills they need to find jobs. We are looking for a talented Programs Mentor to guide and motivate a group of Codecademy users through a web development curriculum. This is a remote, 15-20 hour/week position. In this role, you will closely collaborate with the Codecademy team to foster a passionate and supportive community of learners, and will also work with students individually to identify and resolve gaps in understanding.
Why get involved?
- Inspire, mentor and educate the next generation of programmers by providing technical expertise and industry insight.
- Partner with the Codecademy team to improve the user learning experience by providing feedback on curriculum and structure.
- Hone your leadership skills by leading a cohort of students through a diverse and challenging web development track.
- Work closely with individual learners to identify and resolve gaps in understanding.
- Mastery of HTML, CSS, Unix commands, Git, and GitHub.
- Experience with implementing responsive design.
- Experience with Bootstrap.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex topics clearly.
- 1+ years of experience as a professional freelance web designer or web developer.
- A portfolio of web design or web development projects.
You will be successful if:
- You can provide learners with both technical and industry guidance.
- You are familiar with the Codecademy platform and our courses.
- You have previous teaching experience as an instructor, a tutor, or a teaching assistant.
- You're empathetic, enthusiastic, patient, and eager to mentor beginners.
- You have previous freelancing experience and have worked in a fast-paced startup environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.