Fellow began as a Kickstarter campaign and has grown into a global brand with distributors and customers in more than 50 countries. We bring the specialty coffee experience to people's homes via beautifully designed coffee ware that marries form and function. We currently have a small, passionate, and committed team that loves to see coffee tools come to life.
Fellow is looking to hire a Program Manager for our coffee beans business to drive the execution of an incredible customer experience, and co-create the future vision of this business line. The role will support existing programs/projects, as well as develop new offerings. If you’re ready to hit the ground running and contribute greatly, apply now.
Reporting to the Director of Site Merchandising + Coffee, the ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment where taking the initiative to juggle a variety of different projects is part of the fun, especially when you’ve got a talented and kind team by your side.
The Coffee Program Manager will accomplish all of this while living out Fellowship Thinking, our leadership principles:
Fellowship Thinking centers our customers, always.
Fellowship Thinking views all goals as shared.
Fellowship Thinking never stops improving.
Fellowship Thinking says “yes, if”.
Fellowship Thinking deliberately seeks equity.
Please note this person will be required to come in office 2 days a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Office is located in the Mission in San Francisco!
- Coffee Product Management + Curation.
- Create and maintain product roadmap for Fellow’s coffee channels, including Fellow Drops and Fellow’s Coffee Marketplace
- Craft and maintain strategic merchandising plan, including driving alignment around future new product offerings
- Create cross functional tactical plans leading to the launch of new product offerings
- Project manage the coffee selection process, working with roasters to send samples and with the Fellow Tasting Panel to cup and select the coffees we want to feature
Roaster Network + Relationship Management.
- Manage Fellow’s relationship with our network of coffee roaster partners; answer program-related questions, onboard new roasters to our technology systems, and collaborate on partnership opportunities
- Build and maintain a strong network of coffee roaster partners to support healthy ongoing sourcing
- Hold regular business reviews with our top roaster partners to review performance and identify opportunities
- Work with our coffee roaster partners to align on quantities, pricing, SLAs/expectations for every coffee we plan sell, and coordinate timelines and deliverables to ensure on-time launches
On-Site Experience + Merchandising.
- Project manage all Coffee launches and marketing across our website, email, SMS and social media, including our weekly coffee Drops
- Write campaign briefs for the marketing team and ensure they receive all supporting information and assets from our roasters
- Partner with the Ecommerce team to build pages and merchandise coffee across the website; manage inventory levels and work with them to remove coffees when they sell out
- Help develop roadmap for coffee/educational content strategy in partnership with Assistant Manager of Coffee Content and Dir. of Site Experience
- Work with the CRM team on developing and executing email and SMS campaigns to support customer acquisition into Coffee
Operations + Customer Support.
- Proactively raise issues with our tech stack and work through a solution
- Coordinate with roasters on inventory for all coffees Work cross functionally with Ops/Logistics/CX to ensure coffees are received on time, fulfilled on time, and entered appropriately into the right systems
- Assist CX team with questions and jump into ongoing customer issues to troubleshoot as they arise
Reporting + Performance Analysis.
- Own weekly program analytics and reporting; create weekly analytics reports and use sales and performance data to inform decision-making
- Use data and historical performance to inform pricing, quantity decisions, margin decisions, etc.
- Inform broader strategy around increasing revenue and margins for the coffee business through analysis of data
- Assist with prep for board meetings, leadership report outs, etc.
- Must be extremely organized
- 2+ years of experience as an operations coordinator, marketing coordinator, program manager, or other similar position in a fast-paced startup or entrepreneurial environment
- 1+ years of experience using Shopify, Slack, Asana, Google Docs and Sheets, Figma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual with an owner mindset who isn’t afraid to jump into unfamiliar and sometimes ambiguous problems
- Eager and able to learn new systems and processes quicklyA passion for specialty coffee is a plus - Fellow has great coffee perks!
- Competitive compensation including employee equity plan
- Generous paid time off plan
- 401k with company contribution after 6 months of employment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Better Yourself Wellness credit & Better Your Community donation matching
- Generous discount on Fellow products
- Best coffee anywhere
Our highest goal at Fellow is creating a safe, inclusive, and rewarding environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We are committed to building diverse teams and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Fellow is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.