About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
We are looking for an exceptional Collections Strategy Manager to join our rapidly growing operations team. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will assist in the implementation and optimisation of all collections strategies, ensuring all debts are managed appropriately and inline with internal policy and regulation. You will monitor KPI’s, present and deliver strategy performance updates to the Management Team and assist the Head of Operations in the building of a comprehensive framework to monitor and assess the businesses overall Collections and Recoveries strategy.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are an expert in consumer lending and have a proven track record of successfully delivering debt collections strategies.
- You are confident and flexible, with the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- You are approachable and work effectively with various different teams.
- You have strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- You have a “can do” attitude and a problem solving mentality.
- You have excellent analytical and numerical skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Google sheets.
- You are able to turn data into actionable insights.
- You are meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- You are able to handle a fast moving and complex environment.
- You have an interest in working for a dynamic FinTech scaleup.
- You can relate to our company values.
- You have extensive experience in defining and implementing collections strategies
- You have experience working in highly regulated and controlled financial services environment
- You have a thorough understanding of FCA guidelines and how they apply to the collections process
- You have a degree in a relevant field/equivalent work experience, with a strong academic performance,
- You have previous experience managing projects
- You are Proficient in the use of SQL
- Degree in a relevant subject/equivalent work experience
What you’ll do
- Create a strategy map for all UK collections strategies, depicting each variation to ensure all debt is managed and there are no ‘black holes’ in the strategy
- Work independently to dynamically identify new opportunities to improve the debt recovery rate and or the cost of recoveries
- Work with the Head of Operations to select and implement approved new collections strategy testsWorking with the Head of Operations, design adequate and comprehensive measures and reporting for the analysis of the performance of strategies and tests
- Create and deliver Management Information which clearly shows the efficacy of embedded and test strategies as a key input to the monthly Collections Management Meeting and the quarterly Credit Risk Committee
- Document all of Salary Finances collections strategies to detail the organisations approach to efficiently and effectively collecting overdue debt from the different segments of the loan book (1 Down, 2 Down etc, high value, fin diffs, DMP etc) in a compliant way with a focus on TCF
- Act as subject matter expert, where necessary, in the further development of collections and credit risk policies, procedures, and platform design.
- Actively monitor the loan book to ensure the impact of collections strategies and tests are understood and adoption or amendment are actioned according to targets (cost x recovery)
- Ensure our governance of and adherence to Salary Finances risk and compliance frameworks are sufficient to ensure the strategies are within Salary finances risk appetite and conform to the organisations legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Customer Operations team to implement and understand collections strategies
- Cultivate an open, communicative, and collaborative relationship with the Customer Operations team,
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, dynamic working and many other perks!
We're looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people's lives for the better then we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.