About Color of Change:
Color Of Change is one of the largest Black-led racial justice organizations in the country with more than 7 million email and SMS subscribers. We specialize in providing our members with easy, strategic actions to take in response to racial injustices—that, when added with the voices of others—create the leverage for winning real-world change for Black people.
From challenging injustice to pushing back against Silicon Valley enablers of white supremacists, Color Of Change has a track record of holding decision-makers — corporate and political — accountable to Black people.
There has never been a more exciting time to be a Senior Product Manager at Color Of Change. We’re making deep investments in technology and data to optimize our work of improving the lives of Black people.
In this role, you’ll work with a cross-functional team of data scientists and engineers to deliver user-centered products. You will be working with internal teams as well as our members to ensure that the business-critical tech solutions we develop deliver real end-user value every time. This is an opportunity to bring best practices for product management to a high-impact, movement-building team.
- Lead a cross-functional team of researchers, designers, and engineers to create product roadmaps, set quality standards, and deploy high-quality products
- Ensure staff have a shared understanding of product requirements, constraints, goals, and metrics
- Analyze market demand and market fit, do competitive analysis, and guide build vs. buy, or reuse recommendations
- Develop communications strategies, capacity needs, and feedback loops to support product goals beyond the first release
- Energize and motivate the team by recognizing successes and learning from mistakes
- Stay on top of best practices, new technologies and open-source product offerings that can be reused in an advocacy / non-profit context to solve common problems
- Establish strong mutual relationships with security, operations, and IT teams that will help sustain products in the long term
- Leverage research, metrics, and empathetic listening to enable product decision making and prioritization
- Coach others on how to navigate complex relationships and unite stakeholders around a common product vision and strategy
- Identify opportunities to test and scale new tools that enable users to reach their goals
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background building products throughout the product life cycle: from discovery to minimum viable product to iteration to post-launch using agile methodologies
- Experience motivating cross-functional teams to work toward a compelling vision and building a roadmap to achieve that vision
- A track record of leading the launch of responsive public-facing digital products or services with measurable outcomes
- Experience leveraging user research, usability testing, and data analytics to make and validate product decisions
- Deep understanding of how to prioritize work when there are competing needs across teams
- Strong communications skills with clear examples of being able to articulate the “big picture” of the solution, prioritization decisions, and recommendations based on the audience
- Experience with modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- A passion for being an empathetic coach, mentor, and advocate who helps staff develop the skills to have ownership of their products
- Dedication to the mission of Color Of Change: to help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us, moving decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people
Location: United States (fully remote), with opportunity to travel up to 25% of the time as needed for projects
Union Position: Yes
Reports to: Cedric Lang, Deputy Chief Technology Officer
Salary: $125,000/year. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance - Health benefits plus dental, vision, and affordable family coverage.
- Flex Spending Account - Tax free accounts to offset transportation and medical costs.
- 401K Plan - To save for retirement.
- Life Insurance & Disability - To protect you and your family.
- Generous Vacation Package - 17 days of vacation (almost 3 and a half weeks!) plus 9 sick days and 10 holidays each year.
- Paid Parental Leave - New parents get this time to spend with their family! 12 weeks if you've been here a year or more!
- Sabbatical - After 5 years employment, take some time to recharge and pursue personal projects.
Application deadline: March 1, 2023
How to Apply
Click the "Apply for this position" link below and submit a resume.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.