Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a motivated Commercial Account Executive who possess a go-getter attitude and who want to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud market.
- This role is an exciting opportunity for ambitious sales people who enjoys new challenges. You will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales goals by generating new business opportunities using the telephone and any other means of communications technologies.
- You will build direct relationships with key stakeholders in organisations across various verticals and will work closely with and leverage all of Twilio’s partners to maximize the revenue opportunities in territory.
- This role is ideal for candidates who are hunters, enjoy selling, are achievement-oriented and believe in performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strong collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders
- The ideal candidate is a hands-on Do-er, success-driven, fast-paced, and works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
- You will managing a funnel of SQLs from an inbound funnel in addition to hunting for new business through active prospecting, preparing quotations and negotiating terms of agreement with new customers and always be closing.
- You are familiar with using Salesforce and other sales / marketing tools to prepare pipeline activity and monthly forecast reports, aiming to meet or exceed quarterly and annual targets.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry and continuously feedback new customer requirements to the product and marketing teams. Consistently delight customers by providing them with the best customer experience with Twilio.
- You must have a min three to five years commercial sales experience at a IaaS/Enterprise Cloud companies, Cloud Telecoms or startup environment. If you are a fan of Twilio or a developer community advocate or possess industry knowledge from messaging / voice / IP comms, these are plus points.
- To be successful you will have positive energy, outstanding communication and influencing skills, gravitas, excellent relationship development skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Passionate about software solutions with prior experience in IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware etc.) and solving technical problems for customers.
- You must be capable of thriving in competitive markets with determination, grit, and hustle.
- You possess a hunter mentality. You are relentless in achieving sales targets, pursuing goals and solving problems.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. You are a strong listener and communicator.
- You are highly self motivated and ambitious in achieving goals.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
- You hold a BS/BA or experience in a related industry.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space at Yotsuya, Tokyo . You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.