A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Palantir’s in-house legal team works to proactively address legal issues so that Palantir can continue to drive positive impact in the world. Our Commercial Counsel will own all aspects of contracting for commercial and regional government clients, including negotiation of revenue generating contracts, deal structuring, and contract drafting. You will be integral to defining and building scalable infrastructure for providing legal support to Palantir and play a meaningful role in achieving our goals.
We’re a team that values creativity and collaboration. You'll face open ended objectives and manage them into outcomes. By focusing on the broad vision without losing sight of the details, you'll bring large, multi-phase projects to completion while prioritizing team outcomes over individual wins. You are able to deliver complex information in an understandable way, and can manage high touch stakeholders in a constantly shifting landscape.
You enjoy the responsibility that comes with owning problems and finding solutions. You effectively navigate a complex organization, including under time-sensitive situations. You are ready to jump into a deal at a moment’s notice and become an authority on the intricate details of the contracts. You are passionate about crafting and implementing scalable systems that increase your impact over time.
- Partner closely with APAC sales teams on deal strategy and enterprise level relationships.
- Lead drafting and negotiation of customer contracts while supporting the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Assist in building infrastructure to optimally deliver legal support in a scalable manner.
- Collaborate with Business, Operations, Finance, and Engineering teams to shepherd deals to execution.
What We Value
- Ability to lead sophisticated commercial transactions, including negotiating SaaS and licensing agreements with our customers.
- Proven ability developing creative and analytical solutions to novel issues.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and balance ambitious priorities.
- In-house legal experience and a technical background.
- Proficient in spoken and written Korean and/or Japanese.
What We Require
- 5+ years of contracting and/or Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) experience, with experience supporting the APAC region.
- Attorney in good standing, licensed in at least one jurisdiction.
- Willingness to travel and work flexibly on a varied schedule based on team needs, being available during nights and weekends as needed.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir
and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.