At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We are seeking a proven sales executive to lead a growing team of Commercial Account Executives, responsible for generating new and expansion business with small and medium sized customers in our North America West Region. Our Commercial team encompasses both our SMB and Mid-Market (MM) segments. In this role, you will be responsible for the ongoing development and mentoring of your sales team, which includes recruiting, hiring and training of new team members on our sales process and the Algolia value proposition. You will participate and provide executive support in prospect and customer meetings. Success will entail working effectively with Marketing, Sales Development, Operations, Product teams and Customer Success.
This is a high-impact role which will require a strong combination of commercial, strategic and people management skills. The ideal candidate is customer focused, metrics driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy, and is passionate about helping his/her team succeed in an exciting, hyper growth environment.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Develop and implement sales strategies that drive monthly, quarterly and yearly growth against company bookings targets
- Perform regular pipeline reviews and accurately forecast your team’s attainment with senior leadership
- Drive productivity and efficiency improvements through enablement, process improvements, innovation and adoption of new technologies
- Foster an open-communication environment for the team
- Leverage customer feedback to generate ideas about new features and offerings
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Algolia’s solution, value proposition, competitors, and industry trends
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years of successful results managing Account Executives
- Experience with closing complex SaaS opportunities
- Experience selling to both senior business and technical buyers
- 4 year college degree
- Strong knowledge of salesforce (reports, dashboards, forecasting)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside