About the job
We want to fill this position with a passionate Com&In Manager, IKEA Malaysia who has a keen sense of commerciality and is capable of driving our ambitious agenda by supporting the Country Inspiration & Communication team to strengthen the IKEA brand and its competitive position with impactful, relevant executions that help to build a clear brand identity.
- In your role as Com&In Manager, IKEA Malaysia, you lead, develop and inspire the store teams in increasing the home furnishing interest of the many people and creating demand for home furnishing solutions and “know-how” in the local market.
- You are responsible for the country guidelines and solutions on range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA brand as the leader in life at home and securing Commercial Review pass scores in all stores.
- You lead and inspire the store Com&In teams to use knowledge of IKEA home furnishing and people's life at home to grow the business, as well as challenge the team to constantly take actions that exploit commercial opportunities both in the short- and long term.
- You lead the store Com&In team in securing relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient store communication that builds the IKEA brand and distances IKEA retailers from the competition.
- As an active member of the country team, you contribute with specialist knowledge to creating and implementing the country business plan, short and long term strategies and commercial performance agenda.
- You contribute to the IKEA Brand in Malaysia in all aspects relating to communication and inspiration when measured in Brand Capital.
- You are accountable to secure vitality and seasonality; leading the country service office and store teams in the effective execution of the commercial calendar in all the store You build Communication and Interior Design competence in your function in all specialist areas.
- You inspire and lead with curiosity about consumer behaviour and perception in MY to improve the IKEA position and commercial performance.
- Previous IKEA Sore Com&in Manager experience is essential.
- A design-based educational qualification and a solid background of working in a design-oriented role.
- You have a strong passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishings and peoples’ everyday life at home, interior design, shopping behaviour, retailing, and communication.
- You act as an inspiring and motivating leader who can engage people fully in reaching goals, generating growth and long-term profitability.
- You set and implement action plans within your country and store teams.
- You support and challenge your team and yourself to strengthen the IKEA offer and exceed customer expectations.
- You are a creative problem solver and can influence people’s opinions and perceptions and defend actions and perspectives. You can see things from a customer view and experience.
- You have strong communication skills in the English language.
- Relocation support (Local plus package) may be considered for candidates from aboard.
Please apply by 27 October 2021.