Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Reporting directly to the Head of Communications, the Corporate Communications Manager will draft, edit and manage communication both internally and externally. This team member will work closely with the company’s co-founders to draft company-wide communication, press releases, new product and event announcements. The Corporate Communications Manager will ensure that all corporate language and messaging is consistent both internally and externally.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally to identify unique stories that further Shield AI’s business initiatives and develop strategies for how best to tell those stories externally.
- Write pitches, talking points, op-eds and thought leadership articles.
- Take story ideas from concept to launch – creating themes that resonate through media relations, social media, thought leadership initiatives, marketing, and internal messaging.
- Collaborate closely with Head of Communications to drive the company’s internal communications strategy and content.
- Help manage relationships with external agencies, service providers and contractors.
- Provide counsel and support to the Shield AI team around areas such as brand awareness and crisis management. Develop timely reactive responses as needed.
- Consistently represent the Shield AI brand, its values and key messages as a junior company spokesperson.
- Additional miscellaneous tasks as required for the success and growth of the business and the team
- You’re a brilliant storyteller and talented communicator who can construct powerful narratives that move our brand and reputation forward.
- You have solid tech, business, and vertical-specific media experience.
- You have incredible organizational skills.
- You are reliable, proactive, and you take initiative.
- You have superior attention to detail.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, create content quickly and communicate effectively under pressure of time constraints.
- You are comfortable working and communicating with executives.
- You have great interpersonal and time management skills.
Standard job role language:
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.