Do you heart the 905? From real local businesses to amazing events and organizations, do you keep tabs on all the GTA happs? Love attending food festivals, charity events, fashion shows, art fairs and mo’?! Would you consider yourself a connector? A marketing maven? A local with the inside scoop? As the Yelp GTA Community Coordinator, you’ll be a part-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp. Community Coordinators are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-dos both on- and off-line, from writing to marketing!
Community Managers in over 100 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level — but they can’t do it alone! Community Coordinators play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
- Loves to write! Strong writing background and ability to meet deadlines
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- Marketing maven. Ability to plan, build and execute marketing partnerships with community organizations and events. Creative. Outgoing. Social.
- You reside in Greater Toronto Area/905 area code (Markham, Mississauga, Vaughan and surrounding areas) and consider yourself a local expert.
About the job:
- Event planning. Got love for local brands? You’ll lead the charge to conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy events/parties. Passion for events is a must; experience not required!
- Marketing outreach. Connect with like-minded local organizations hosting their own soirees, festivals and fetes, and advocate for our involvement to build and promote Yelp awareness.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your Community Manager, interns and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Community Coordinator?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- Co-managing the social accounts.
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- Online community building.
Other fun requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred OR GED/HS Diploma.
- Currently living, eating, breathing (or working) in the 905.
- Experience with social networking, social media, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning.
- Flexible hours - up to 19 per week.
- Community Coordinators must be 18+ and have reliable transportation.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile – this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!