Wider Circle is looking for a Community Health Engagement Associate in SW Philadelphia, PA to join our circle and play a vital role in running Connect for Life, our groundbreaking program that connects neighbors for better health, empowering them to live longer, healthier lives while finding joy in one another’s company. The successful candidate will radiate confidence and empathy, establish trust with our members, and skillfully switch between group and one-on-one interactions. They will tirelessly utilize any means necessary to connect and engage with members, including in-person group events, one-on-one home visits, and telephone outreach. If you are passionate about serving your community and enjoy making connections, then come join us in our movement to battle healthcare inequity.
*AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply!*
- You will lead the Connect For Life program, using Wider Circle's developed curriculum to build trust, promote health, and encourage movement.
- You will plan, advertise, and host virtual and in-person events for members, fostering relationships with and between members to help encourage wellness outcomes.
- You will reach out to members to check in on them and encourage participation in Chapter events and other small and large group activities, ensuring members engage with us every month.
- You will canvass members in their homes to review benefits and provide an overview of resources available through their health plan.
- You will record details of your interactions with members on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- You will identify members who are natural leaders and invite them to serve as Wider Circle Ambassadors who will help you connect with members and run events.
- You will connect with prospective members and develop individualized plans to enroll them in the Connect For Life program.
- You will serve as a liaison, connecting members to their health plans and each other.
- You will create partnerships with local community-based organizations to bring additional services to our members’ attention.
- You will hold yourself accountable for achieving membership engagement and growth goals and monitor the success of your efforts by tracking attendance, feedback, and other metrics.
- High-volume outreach (outbound calls) is essential to the success of this role. Primarily the first 90 days.
To successfully execute their role, Community Engagement Specialists and Leads must be able to perform the following essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Engagement personnel will be regularly required to:
- Safely and consistently drive to public places up to 30 miles away from their home
- Frequently carry up to 30 pounds of supplies
- Frequently stand and comfortably speak publically, including projecting their voice in indoor and outdoor spaces in front of groups
- Routinely sit, stand, and walk to allow the team members to interact with members for the duration of each event effectively
- Ability to see and hear well enough to interact with members by phone and in person and respond to member questions
- Ability to use a computer to view, enter and update information in different systems
- Effectively communicate with members in person or virtually
- You have a passion for helping people and serving others.
- You understand the socio-economic and public health challenges facing disenfranchised people,
- You have 3+ years of relevant community outreach, teaching, facilitation, or volunteer experience; healthcare experience
- You have a high school diploma or GED; a bachelor's or associates degree preferred
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable speaking one-on-one and to larger groups.
- You have an outgoing personality and unwavering, positive attitude, with the ability to comfortably engage with others in person and via video conference or phone.
- You love building relationships and networking and have a knack for motivating and influencing different types of people.
- You are great at organizing, prioritizing, and following through on commitments. You thrive when everything is in the right place and you’ve checked all the tasks off your list.
- You have strong computer skills and the ability to navigate web-based and app-based systems.
- You can work independently in a remote work environment with little oversight.
- You have reliable transportation and are comfortable traveling to members’ homes.
- Willing to commute 20-50 miles
- You have a flexible schedule and can work outside of regular business hours when necessary.
- You are committed to a drug-free workplace and ready for pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Take a look at a day in the life of a Community Engagement Associate:
- $18.55-20.72 per hour commensurate with experience
- Job level incentives
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Opportunity to work with neglected populations; make the world a better place
- Contract position with opportunity to convert after 90 days
Wider Circle is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity and inclusion supports our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We believe in empowering people and valuing their differences. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.