Wider Circle is looking for a Community Health Engagement Associate in Greenville SC, to play a vital role in our groundbreaking program, which connects neighbors for better health outcomes. The successful candidate will radiate confidence and empathy, establish trust with our members, and skillfully switch between group and one-on-one interactions. They will tirelessly utilize any means necessary to connect and engage with members, including in-person/virtual group events, home visits, and telephone outreach. Join us in our battle against healthcare inequality.
*AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply!*
- You will lead the Wider Circle Medicaid program in your assigned area, using the Wider Circle-developed curriculum to build trust, promote health, and encourage positive health actions.
- You will plan, advertise, and host virtual and in-person events for members; all to foster relationships with and between members.
- You will create partnerships with local community-based organizations that provide resources for members.
- You will enroll prospective members into the Wider Circle Medicaid program. Additionally, you will hold yourself accountable to achieve membership engagement, growth goals, and other metrics such as attendance and feedback.
- You will connect with members to develop individualized plans for their success in the Wider Circle Medicaid program.
- You will serve as a liaison between the member’s health plan and the member.
- You will utilize Salesforce and other cloud-based tools to record member interactions and metrics.
- High-volume outreach (outbound calls) is essential to the success of this role. Primarily the first 90 days.
To successfully execute their role, Community Engagement Specialists and Leads must be able to perform the following essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Engagement personnel will be regularly required to:
- Safely and consistently drive to public places up to 30 miles away from their home
- Frequently carry up to 30 pounds of supplies
- Frequently stand and comfortably speak publically, including projecting their voice in indoor and outdoor spaces in front of groups.
- Routinely sit, stand, and walk to allow the team members to interact with members for the duration of each event effectively.
- Ability to see and hear well enough to interact with members by phone and in person and respond to member questions
- Ability to use a computer to view, enter, and update information in different systems
- Effectively communicate with members in person or virtually.
- You have a strong passion for helping and serving others.
- You have experience working directly with the Medicaid population and/or other underserved communities.
- You understand the socioeconomic and public health challenges facing disenfranchised people, especially in your community.
- You have 3+ years of relevant community outreach, teaching, facilitation, or volunteer experience.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable speaking to groups of any size.
- You have project management and/or event planning experience.
- You prefer to work autonomously with little to no supervision.
- You have a flexible schedule (outside of business hours) when necessary and you have reliable transportation.
- Associate or Bachelors; experience can be in lieu of education
- Healthcare experience
- Case Management experience
- $18.00-20.00 per hour commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Opportunity to work with neglected populations; make the world a better place
Wider Circle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity and inclusion supports our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We believe in empowering people and valuing their differences. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.