LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures. Our partners in Kenya Djibouti Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation -Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia Program, is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions of Community Service Officer in Dadaab Refugee Camp and Reporting to the Quality Service Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
- Taking an active part in Sector meetings.
- Support program that benefit the community and in line with the vision and mission of the organization.
- Sharing information on ongoing and upcoming projects with the Quality Service Manager.
- Writing and compilation of Periodic project reports implemented in the sector.
- Provide technical project planning design and implementation in the unit to the Quality Service Manager.
In cooperation with the management team;
- Support in training and building capacity of community service staff.
- Coordinate needs assessment in units within the sector.
- Support other project staff in the implementation of project activities.
- In cooperation with the management team; generate or prepare proposals ideas and concept notes for funding of activities within the sector and submit to the Quality Service Manager.
- Supervising and empowering the team of national staff and Community Workers to develop appropriate tools and procedure to delivering quality rehabilitation services.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of rehabilitation activities.
- Work with the Quality Services Manager to coordinate needs assessment in the unit.
- Oversee interaction of the implementation of activities and promote interaction with the staffs, partners and community,
- Advocates for the rights of the vulnerable groups and collaborating with other partners in enhancing the aspects of mainstreaming and advocacy for the vulnerable population
- Taking responsibility for personal learning and competence development.
- Exhibiting the generic employee skills especially valued by the organization. These are; Dependability and productivity, Communication, Problem solving, Teamwork, Safety and Security, Accountability and Integrity
- Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Orthopedic.
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Orthopedic from KMTC
- Registered and licensed by a relevant professional body.
Skills and competencies:
- Good Knowledge of proposal writing and Report writing is a requirement.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office is a requirement
- Good knowledge of human rights (UN-convention on rights of Pwds)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3 years Minimal Practical Experience.
- Experience gained working with an International Humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in hardship, marginalized areas or emergency setting
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili language both written and spoken.
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Qualified persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF World Service adheres to Child protection standards and to internal Child protection Policy. LWF World Service is signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Closing date 29th January 2021