Khan Academy is looking for a passionate Community Support Associate to help change education – join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
As Community Support Associate, you’ll be Khan Academy’s strongest link between our product teams and our amazing learner community. You’ll help lead and grow our current community support operations, ensure that learners around the world have the help they need to use Khan Academy effectively, and advocate for learner needs internally. This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced community support leader to have a real impact on global educational access, while working with what legitimately might be the most supportive community on the internet.
- One of the biggest parts of this role is being the primary point of contact for our learner support channels, working under our Community Support Manager. You’ll ensure our support processes are working effectively, conduct training and quality audits for our externally-based support team, handle escalated issues, and help troubleshoot new bugs as necessary. You’ll constantly look for ways we can improve our team processes and service to the community.
- You’ll also help manage our public learner communities, and help brainstorm ways they can be expanded and improved. This includes working with our amazing volunteer programs, as well as communicating regularly with users in the community directly.
- In addition, you’ll also be responsible for keeping relevant Help Center content up-to-date and making sure new help resources are added as necessary.
- As the employee who works most closely with these learner groups, you’ll be an essential voice of these users throughout the company. You’ll work across the company with many different teams and individual leaders to ensure that we’re keeping user needs front of mind. You’ll be embedded directly on the product team and have many opportunities to help us prioritize development resources.
- You’ll also compile and send out periodic reports to ensure that the company at large is kept updated about relevant trends and community sentiment.
- As you work through our community support processes, you’ll be able to see where we could be doing better. You’ll work with our existing community support team to design and implement improvements on a continual basis.
- 4+ years professional experience in customer support and/or community management, preferably in a leadership role. You keep updated on the latest industry best practices, and know how to problem-solve your way out of the thorniest online conflicts.
- Experience working directly with product teams at a tech company
- Excellent written communication, which you can adapt for a variety of online audiences
- Comfort working both autonomously and within defined structure. This role will have many opportunities for you to leave your personal mark on it, and someone excited about working without a lot of restrictions will be able to have a big impact.
- Ability to own a problem or goal, identify the path to success, and execute on it. You’re able to manage a number of simultaneous projects and responsibilities within the timeline you’ve set for yourself.
- Excited about designing high-quality community support processes and coming up with creative solutions to tricky problems
- Proficiency with Zendesk, Slack, Jira, and/or other online support tools
- You don’t take yourself too seriously...
Nice to have
- Experience directly managing a team of (internal or external) support agents, including reporting on support metrics
- Active Khan Academy user - we’re talking 50,000+ energy points and Earth badges galore
- Prior experience working or volunteering in education environments, whether in the classroom, edtech, or elsewhere
- Project or product management experience
- Experience working with younger users and/or COPPA
- Comfort understanding and interpreting standard business analytics
- Strong fluency in memes, internet trends, gifs, and/or dad jokes