Houzz is the leading platform for home renovation and design in the world. We have a highly-engaged community of millions of homeowners who leverage our technologies to find design inspiration, get advice for their projects, and research and hire over 2.5 million home design and renovation professionals. For professionals, Houzz Pro provides an all-in-one software solution that empowers industry pros to stand out, win clients and manage their projects efficiently and profitably.
About the Role
Houzz, the largest residential remodeling and design online community in the world, is looking for a smart, focused and goal-oriented multilingual intern to assist our Professional/User-facing support team.
The ideal candidate should be confident with tech-language and have a keen interest in online communication. An assertive approach and a proactive attitude are a must. The successful completion of this internship could result in a contract offer depending on availability and performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide daily email support to users and professionals in our community - you will have to know the Houzz website inside out!
- Prioritisation and categorisation of issues - you’ll have to be able to understand requests clearly and escalate them to the appropriate person on each team
- Proactive thinking and ability to provide feedback - you will be responsible for delivering a weekly report about issues, workflows and ideas
- Clearly communicating with team members and other departments
- Tech-savvy and passionate about continually improving tools in order to provide the best online experience for our users
- Fluency in French and German as well as English
- Good knowledge of Google Suite - advanced Excel/Google sheet skills are a plus
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Must be able to make decisions and exercise good judgment
- Able to anticipate next steps and ask necessary questions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with a problem-solving mindset - must be driven to take on challenges
- Goal-oriented team player who is also self-sufficient
- Ideally a recent graduate of either English, Languages, Linguistics or Communications
- Previous experience in a client-focused role is a plus
Note: This is a full time six months internship contract with potential for conversion to a 1 year internship at end of the contract for exceptional candidates.
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home renovation and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, renovation and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.