The Compliance Director creates and implements a high functioning, efficient, effective Medi-Cal Specialty Mental Health Services charting and documentation program that adheres to all Medi-Cal Mental Health and HUD housing regulations, laws, and other external requirements to assure that all clinical services are documented appropriately, and exceed standards. This position will be the ultimate custodian of medical and generalized client records for a complex and large mental health and social services agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audit the current compliance performance of Medi-Cal charting, program, mechanisms, and policies and make changes to ensure that audits adhere to the compliance performance standards and revise compliance practices in response to changing regulations and organization needs
- Ensure all compliance programs for documentation have overarching goals: 1) supports excellent client care, and 2) removes as many burdens as possible from the staff doing the work.
- Schedule, coordinate, and conduct internal audits and clinical reviews/approvals of documentation and oversee direct service documentation to ensure compliance; Leads preparations for audits from regulatory agencies (e.g., Medi-Cal, HUD etc.).
- Oversee chart review/utilization review processes, electronic medical records system, data collection/integrity for episodic data, and external chart audits/reviews; track and conduct Documentation Certification Processes and collaborate with Program Manager on performance and corrective action plans.
- Chair of Internal Utilization Committee. Performs chart audits of 100% of records on a routine and rhythmic basis to determine compliance ratio, corrective actions, and ongoing training needs.
- Review and approve progress notes for all Medi-Cal programs as is appropriate. Provide feedback and trend analysis based on note writing standards; prepare summary audit reports containing findings as well as the methodology used and recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the billing function for Medi-Cal and other health insurance programs. Includes billing, recoupment, and liaison with the County and Billing outsource.
- Onboard, train, and evaluate employees against compliance regulations and program requirements; provide updates and ongoing training on documentation compliance.
- LCSW or LMFT preferred with current BBS registration required.
- Five years of progressive experience managing Medi-Cal Specialty Mental Health charting and auditing required
- Position requires a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and the ability to drive for work. DMV printout required.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees AND dependents! One month PAID sabbatical after 5 Years – not charging PTO
- Once Licensed, free access to beautiful office space to start your private practice*
- Free iPhone with unlimited data for personal/professional use + laptop for easy mobility*
- Annual bonus if agency meets goals
- 30 days off (PTO/Holiday), increasing with tenure. PTO given on your birthday annually.
- 403b with BACS matching contribution
- Tuition reimbursement for student loans & tuition, CEUs, etc.
- Clinical supervision hours towards licensure*
- Annual holiday party, summer party, staff appreciation events
- Significant internal growth opportunities
- Free access to beautiful facility spaces on weekends for events (family parties, baby showers, receptions, birthdays)
* Most direct service positions
How to apply:
Submit a resume with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER