The Compliance Officer will provide expert pension support, reviewing communications and financial promotions and advising the business on new products and services. You will also have a broad risk and compliance background, able to design and carry out compliance monitoring and reviews in areas not limited to pensions.
What you'll do
- Working closely with the Head of Compliance and the rest of the compliance team, you will help Moneybox build the UK’s best retirement service. You will be responsible for, but not limited to, these duties:
- Work closely with the Pensions Team and other departments on all pension-related activities
- Understand and interpret detailed pension regulatory requirements to provide clear assessments and advice
- Help assess the risks to customers and the business to inform our risk-based approach
- Design and implement relevant monitoring and reporting to control risks
- Design, lead and report on risk-based thematic reviews to continually enhance our controls
- Assist with regulatory and other ad hoc projects to deliver change
- Assist in preparing and maintaining relevant policies and procedures
- Investigate complaints to conclude on the appropriate outcome
- Plan and deliver training
Who you are
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to build their career at an exciting, fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world
- Has an independent and questioning mind
- Takes a methodical, analytical approach to make good judgement
- Able to quickly adapt and manage competing priorities
- Unafraid to take on new challenges, developing deep knowledge in new areas
- Naturally personable, a great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook
Experience and skills
- Up to 5 years’ experience in second line functions
- Experience of pension-related compliance, including reviewing and advising on detailed aspects of regulation
- Able to work in a broad role, not limited to pensions
- Experience identifying and implementing improvements
- University educated with at least one degree.
- Great communication and listening skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company share options
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]