At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates.
We support a community that includes some of the most talented people on the planet. You’ll design for hardware engineers who are literally building the future today (think autonomous vehicles, spaceships, next-gen medical devices). You’ll partner with some of the most skilled manufacturers who produce the seemingly impossible. You’ll collaborate with an amazing team of engineers, scientists, and artists who are passionate about democratizing hardware development.
As software engineers, we build the platform that supports all these people. Through it all, we uphold the trust of our growing community through secure systems and robust infrastructure.
WIIFU (What’s in it for you?)
Make a Difference
We’re a small team looking to make a big impact in the world of manufacturing. As a core member, your unique voice, opinions, and ideas will significantly shape our product and team culture.
Work With Real-World Models For Real Applications
You’ll help build the next level of complex, professional web-based 3D graphical applications. You’ll develop systems for analyzing (quoting, annotating, and correcting) CAD models for parts that will immediately become parts of cars, medical devices, toys, aerospace systems, and more.
Impact in this Role
Computational geometry engineers allow us to scale our operations and logistics past human limits. We do this through geometric analysis, feature detection, and design rule checks to automate and provide insight into manufacturing decisions. We share this data internally and with our manufacturing partners to improve the capabilities of our manufacturing network.
At Fictiv, we work collaboratively to deliver new features to our platform. You will work in small cross-functional teams to ship code early and often to ensure a rapid feedback loop between us and our customers. You and your team have autonomy to try out new development methodologies and technologies to meet team goals.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading Projects – All software engineers at Fictiv have the opportunity to lead projects. You’ll guide the team through clarifying requirements, brainstorming solutions, and making tough tradeoffs between scope and schedule
- Expand Our Analysis Capabilities - We are constantly pushing the limits of automated reasoning of CAD models for manufacturing. You’ll add new, more complex manufacturing processes to Fictiv’s service offerings. You’ll increase Fictiv’s capacity to deliver prototype- to production-scale demand through analyzing datasets, automating DFM feedback, and visualizing 3D models
- Learning Continuously – We encourage teammates to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and development methodologies through a generous education stipend
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are energized by sharing ideas openly and adding to the ideas of others
- You take pride in your work. You find satisfaction in quality code and hold both yourself and your coworkers to high standardsYou are comfortable with change. You can make decisions with partial information and adapt as new information comes in
- You embrace humanity. You recognize that everyone makes mistakes and will work with your teammates to improve and grow
We offer engineers and designers a faster way to prototype and manufacture hardware.
We’re building the most sophisticated manufacturing system that enables faster, more efficient production of physical parts. Unlike traditional vendors, we don’t own machines. Instead, we find, vet, and integrate idle machines into our distributed network. As a result, we’re able to cut lead times by 50% versus traditional solutions, while helping vendors improve the utilization of their printers.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.