Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading provider of engineering services and integrated hardware solutions for a wide range of clients and industries. We employ advanced computer-aided engineering tools in the areas of optics, structural, thermal, and coupled analyses. We couple our engineering analysis capabilities with design, prototype, integration and test capabilities to create solutions for our clients that are of extraordinary value.
What will you do?
As a Computer Vision Engineer you will work primarily in optical metrology, collaborating with optical and software engineers to design, build, and optimize Computer Vision and Machine Learning based solutions for automatic optical inspection and calibration.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to translate high-level project needs into algorithm design and specification.
- Implement computer vision algorithms for performing calibration, metrology, and defect detection.
- Quantify algorithm performance by designing experiments and leveraging human experts to tease out ground truth information.
- Analyze algorithm performance for large test sets and use statistical methods and data visualization to iteratively improve results.
- Review and integrate code developed by optical engineering domain experts.
- Work with a broader software team to integrate algorithms into larger applications.
Who is right for the job?
A good match for this job is a curious, self-driven, and resourceful individual with a passion for learning and an ability to apply engineering principles and techniques to solve a variety of tough problems.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or highly quantitative field
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Industry experience developing computer vision and image processing algorithms including: image filtering/preprocessing, frequency domain analysis, segmentation, object detection, classification, point set registration, 3D pose estimation, etc.
- Proficient in Python or MATLAB
- Experience with one or more of the following libraries: OpenCV, Scikit-Image, MATLAB image processing toolbox
- General software engineering skills: object-oriented design and experience with the git version control system
- Experience with data analysis and visualization. Ability to generate visualizations from large datasets, draw conclusions, and communicate results and conclusions to the team
- Experience with machine learning: support vector machines, ensemble learning, neural networks
- US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident)
- Master’s degree
- Strong background in statistics and machine learning fundamentals
- Experience framing and solving mathematical optimization problems, including convex and global optimization methods
- Experience with camera calibration, image rectification, stereo vision systems, and multi-view geometry
- Experience in automated inspection and metrology for manufacturing, biomedical imaging, or related industry
- Ability to learn rapidly outside your area or expertise to better understand the problem domain for a given project
- Proficiency in C++ or other compiled language for developing performance-critical algorithm components
- Experience with CUDA or OpenCL for implementing GPU acceleration
- Proficient in at least one deep learning framework: Keras, Pytorch, TensorFlow, etc.
Quartus is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match.